Quantcast

cannondale chase series

Zaskar

Chimp
Jan 12, 2005
hi i'm looking at a cannondale chase 2 or 3 for a secondary bike on a budget. it seems to fit the bill (light, dual 26, budget but descent) as far as parts but i am unsure about the frame.

i'm 6'1 and ride a Giant DH Team, how will i find the bike in comparison to other hardtails? i've heard it has geometry problems.

also any idea on MSRP pricing for these chase 1, 2, or 3?

thanks alot
Cam

Zaskar

Chimp
Jan 12, 2005
cannondale actually doesnt list their pricing on the website.

i thought i would ask on here since id get a more varied and in the end fair estimate on pricing. phoning one or two retailers could leave me with two shops different sale prices.

i'm asking more about the bike itself than the pricing

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Chase 3 = $900
Chase 2= $1100
Chase 1= $2000
They are all great bikes. The frame is awesome. My friend actually just got one and it is sweet. Ill tell him to hit up this post to tell you what he thinks. I might my self buy a Chase 1. I am 6'3 and the Large frame fits fine.

bkbassplayr

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Columbia, Maryland
yea im 6'2"... my large fits fine...its a chase 2... the geometry isnt bad... it flows really nice on jumps and feels nice and sturdy... the only thing is its kinda hard to get up for a manual or wheelie, but once u get up, its really really easy to keep up... huge sweet spot... ive got no complaints on the components... the stance isnt bad... feels flush but still works great... id go for it

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
rpk1988 said:
Chase 3 = $900
Chase 2= $1100
Chase 1= $2000
They are all great bikes. The frame is awesome. My friend actually just got one and it is sweet. Ill tell him to hit up this post to tell you what he thinks. I might my self buy a Chase 1. I am 6'3 and the Large frame fits fine.
i thought the chase 3 was 800?

BrayDownhill

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Bray, Ireland
I ride a medium giant dh and a small cdale chase 2 (04 euro model, same geometry), I'm about 6' 1".

I find the fit of the small perfect for my needs, jumps so well and is very stable at speeds. I went for the small because I wanted something with a very shorty top tube, its what I like when jumping, feels more like a bmx in the air but mtb like on the dirt. I use it for lots of trail riding aswell, its a beauty on the trails too, bit too short for climbing but always does what its told and is a joy to ride in twisty flowy singletrack.
Only downside I've found with the geo at the moment is with the bikes manualling abilities, its a struggle to get it up ( :confused: ) but as was said once you do its perfect. I do find it easier to get the giant into a manual then the cdale but the cdale is easier to keep there once you get going. Getting the cdale has helped my downhilling no end, just getting back to riding a hardtail really helps you realize how much more you can push that 8.25inches on the giant.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Damn your 6'1" and your riding a small. Im about 6'3" and a large is still kind small for me. But I do have long legs so that could make a difference.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
It has almost 17" stays, that's why they're a bit harder to manual than others. Still i found the one I rode around at a shop pretty easy to manual. (at least compared to my bighit)

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
I've ridden both, but only a P on dirt. I've ridden quite a few of the P series bikes, and the biggest drawback was they all felt very twitchy to me. Maybe it's cause I'm used to such slack head angles, but I would go for the chase.