Quantcast

Cannondale F7 verses Giant yukon

mike_243us

Chimp
Jan 17, 2008
any veiws on these 2 bikes?
I am looking to upgrade from my old entry level mongoose to a hardtail
and have narrowed it down to 3 bikes the trek 4300 disc the F7 and the yukon.
they all have about the smae level of componits the yukon does list deore derailers instead of the alivio derailers on the others.
they are all in the same price range and I think all the frames are made in tiawan.

thanks in advance
Mike S...

Jimmi707

Chimp
Oct 16, 2007
Brisvagus Ozland
got the f7 for my lady friend - pls dont take that the wrong way - but i kno nothing about the others. i rate the f7:clapping:, the frame is hot - seemless joint welding, supa phat snake stays, its exactly same as higher models with dif parts, but even then the f7 did well. i was impressed by the small things like the hubs, tire and tubes, headset, QR's, oversized handlebars. stuff often not listed in specs. it is entry level sport and fork suffers from bad top-out. she has the small frame and i keep scheming how i can get her to trick i up to a dirt jumper for me hehe. :lighten:

hope that helps

mike_243us

Chimp
Jan 17, 2008
thanks for the advice..
I dropped the yukon off the list( great how one badmouthing bike shop will kill a deal ) now its the trek 4300 disc which I am test riding today.
the price is about the same they more or less have the same components and for my wallet and what i am upgrading from either will be good.
I don't think the wife would see the use for a 2000 bike.... :)

Mike S..

mike_243us

Chimp
Jan 17, 2008
ok,
so I went over yesterday to my LBS and test rode the trek 4300 and the F7 again.
I decided on the cannondale it just felt better for me it has all the same components as the trek but the trek just did not feel as good.
i pick it up today and just continue to the trail for a test ride ( gonna be cold ) then home to watch the games this afternoon...what a good day.

Mike S.

mike_243us

Chimp
Jan 17, 2008
ok so the F7 has been out for 5 rides sofar there is a hugh difference
between the cannaondale and my mogoose d50i although this bike did well for what I used it for.
the new bike climbs almost by itself the shifting is crisp all and all it was a good upgrade even as I am cheep and it still hurts to spend 500+ on a bike I like it alot.... :)