Quantcast

Cannondale Gracia

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Who cares. You are ganna let a little bit of geometry keep you away from a sweet ass bike. Last time I checked, we never actually use geometry in real life. ;)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Taking into account the AtoC of the 8" 888 and the fact that a 200mm fork will sag a bit more than a 7" fork, it may not be as far off as some people think.

It can't be any worse than my cheeta ;)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Jm_ said:
Taking into account the AtoC of the 8" 888 and the fact that a 200mm fork will sag a bit more than a 7" fork, it may not be as far off as some people think.

It can't be any worse than my cheeta ;)

what fork is that?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
rpk1988 said:
Last time I checked your name wasnt on a production bike and you arent in the top standings in the DH races. :nope:
Just because your name is on a production bike doesn't mean it's any good. I personally wouldn't want to ride a bike with those angles. For the stuff Cedric rides it might be great, but I wouldn't like it.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Bicyclist said:
That would suck on anything other than completely wide open high speed terrain.
re: freeriding, i noticed this quote on that cannondale blog:

"Response: x man, There are actuyally two different configurations due to the rear dropout being replicable. For DH, there is a brake link that causes the bike to "squat" under braking. The brake link version is 150 mm. For Freeride, the brake link comes off, and the hub spacing goes to 150 mm. It's sweet all right! Just wait till you see this think in person. Man o man. Ride on. BRAD"

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I'm sure that it will succeed the Gemini very well, since it was a great success. I'm trying to break my '04 Gemini in half and see if they'll replace it with a Gracia somehow.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
man they just made pretty much the same bike 2lbs heavier and a linkage on it. i think it wil be hard for it to top the gemini

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
julian_dh said:
man they just made pretty much the same bike 2lbs heavier and a linkage on it. i think it wil be hard for it to top the gemini
The floating brake and linkage will only make the rear end stiffer than the Gemini's already is. The Gracia is basically a longer travel Gemini with a more progressive rate on the rear shock.