Quantcast

Cannondale Gracia

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
We got the new 2006 Cannondale catalog's in and the new Gracia's look sweet. 220mm of travel. No prices yet though. I know a lot of people dont like Cannondale but I think they did a good job this time. What do you all think? Anyone got any prices?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea the swingarm is real cool. It has Gracia like CNC machined out of it. But I can never get a shot of the non-drive side of the bike. What is that bar on the other side below the swingarm. Is it a Floating Brake?? Hmm.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
WheelieMan said:
There is also a model with the Roco shock and 888. It's kinda cool for them to give you so many shock/fork choices.
Yup, The Marz one is team and highest end, the Fox one is next and then the Manipoo one.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I had a chance to ride one around at crankworx. It seems pretty cool. the complete replica is up in the 5500 range i think.(+/- a few hundred) I can get a few prices tomorrow at work.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
Sherpa said:
I like it, except for the 18" CS.
Is it really 18" ?

I like it too, but I wonder how the bike will feel in tight technical sections with the long CS and the slack HA.

Anyone got the complete geo for the Gracia ?

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
preppie said:
Is it really 18" ?

I like it too, but I wonder how the bike will feel in tight technical sections with the long CS and the slack HA.

Anyone got the complete geo for the Gracia ?
Yea, 64* HA, 45.8in WB, 23.4" TT, and a 14.6" BB. Thats for the medium.

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
Anyone seen a single pivot with a swing-link before....? <insert foes
mono here>. Nice to have the options of shock mounts though, and the fore mount looks substantial.

I don't think I've ever seen a Chain guide SETUP right on any demo bike; they just slap 'em together.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Bacardi said:
mono here>. Nice to have the options of shock mounts though, and the fore mount looks substantial.

I don't think I've ever seen a Chain guide SETUP right on any demo bike; they just slap 'em together.
Well, this is different. The link on the Cannondale actually drives the shock. On the Foes, the only function of the swing-link is to increase stiffness.

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
intensified said:
I hope the magura brakes are just a europe thing in the specs.
a lot of my friends are running magura gustav M's and they have kick ass power man..its a good brake...altough im not a fan of their plastic a$$ levers...my friends have had them for about a week so no spills yet..but they dont look too strong

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I didnt get a chance to look and see what kinda brakes the US model had. But I can check later. I wish my store would carry some but there isnt a huge market for big DH bikes round here.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That thing is seriously built for speed. With numbers like that I bet it sucks on anything that isn't pointed DOWN. Which is awesome, I bet it handles like a champ when it's fast and hairy.

Bacardi said:

there arent options on the shock mount. one setting. 220mm of travel, super supple in the begining and ramps up nicely at the end, full on racce setup. i have ridden it and it is a phenomenal ride.

and as for the chainguide....these are guys in the factory setting it up for the catalog photos. half those bolts arent even tight

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
So lets see here. Is a list of the brakes the Gracia's are running.
Gracia Team Edition has Magura GustavM
Gracia 1(the one with the Fox 40) has Hayes El Camino's
Gracia 2(the one with the Manitou Travis SC with 203mm of travel) has Hayes Mag's.

Should be a good set up.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I believe that is what Cannondale is after. Because we all know that Cedric Gracia is a hell of a rider and I am sure he has high standards on a bike.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Bacardi said:
mono here>.
why do people feel compelled to say these things (even if they are outright mistaken :rolleyes: ) everytime a new design comes out? EVERY GENERAL VARIATION OF DESIGN HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, especially if you know your history.

Sheesh, now some are more popular than others (have you heard that Orange invented the single pivot and not the Bullit anymore?), and you get the rare out-of-left-field designs like the Yeti 303, but geez, dont worry, there will always be one thing that "looks" like another without really being alike in the details where it counts....

edit: i like it, has everything an Orange needs :thumb:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
That machine looks pretty cool

Guess its wait until interbike to find out price and availibility...........?

Its on my imaginary list of DH bikes to get next year with imaginary money

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha, just like all of us. I am hoping the demo van will come by our shop with one of those because I want to take it out.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
If they kept the geometry and weight of the current one, it will rock.

edit: nevermind. They didn't. Too bad.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
ohio said:
If they kept the geometry and weight of the current one, it will rock.

edit: nevermind. They didn't. Too bad.
Psh the HA slackening is def a good thing. Also the longer CS are also a good thing. The old one wasn't like a real DH bike, If you weren't COMPLETALY on it the whole time then the bike got sketchy and squirly at speed.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
biker3 said:
Psh the HA slackening is def a good thing. Also the longer CS are also a good thing. The old one wasn't like a real DH bike, If you weren't COMPLETALY on it the whole time then the bike got sketchy and squirly at speed.
Are you thinking of the Gemini DH, or the plain Gemini (freeride)?

I would agree with you about the standard Gemini, but the DH is perfect. Stable, but still great in corners, and totally natural in the air.

Have you ridden a bike with a 64 degree head angle and 18" chainstays?