Quantcast

Canon 30D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I thought Canon kinda missed the mark with the 30D. I mean, as a starting point it's a solidly spec'd camera and certainly there's nothing to scoff at there, I just thought it was odd that they gave 20D owners almost no good reason to upgrade.

Nice camera, to be sure, just can't quite figure out why a company with Canon's R&D budget couldn't give 20D owners a reason to upgrade.

Hope you get it, though, it'll be a kickass piece of hardware :thumb:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I was all set on the 20D until I saw this last week. I agree, not much of a reason to upgrade, but great for a starting point.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
peter6061 said:
I was all set on the 20D until I saw this last week. I agree, not much of a reason to upgrade, but great for a starting point.
Not much of a reason? Are you guys crazy? 30 is 10 higher than 20. That is more than reason enough to get it.

It basically is the same as the 20D except for a couple little things like 30 frames instead of 23 at 5fps, 0.05 seconds faster on the startup...

It is my dSLR starting point, which is why I'm so excited about it. I just like the idea that just when I'm finally getting into the market, there's a revision of a great camera that makes it a little better. And I can gloat to my buddy who just bought a 20D 2 months ago. :love:

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
new toys are fun. enjoy them. However, be prepared to buy a new camera body at least every year if you expect to make money from it. Otherwise, enjoy.

Buy good glass and Rent

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
spincrazy said:
new toys are fun. enjoy them. However, be prepared to buy a new camera body at least every year if you expect to make money from it. Otherwise, enjoy.

Buy good glass and Rent
no way. one of the 7 d1's that we use at our studio is a first generation.