Quantcast

Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Pretty damn cool.

To be honest, the only thing I don't like about my 1000D is the fact that it says 'shot on a 1000D' on the exif data. Otherwise it's a very capable camera. Now you can add HD video to the package.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Pretty damn cool.

To be honest, the only thing I don't like about my 1000D is the fact that it says 'shot on a 1000D' on the exif data. Otherwise it's a very capable camera. Now you can add HD video to the package.
well, the European version is the only ones that say that. here in N.A. they are still called the Rebel series. i think 1000D sounds better than Rebel IMO

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
^^haha^^
I try to tell myself 'it's not important what you place between your brain and the subject'.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Pretty damn cool.

strip out EXIF when you save as jpg if that bothers you.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Thinking about selling my 1D MK-ii to pick up one of these and a new Panasonic ZS3 P&S. What are the drawbacks going to be between the new T1i and the 1D? I know the body of the 1D is a lot more robust (read: tank), but I sometimes feel pretty bogged down with the size and weight. Is the image quality going to suffer that much?

Just so you know, I'm not a pro-level photographer, just someone who likes to shoot.

Thanks

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
It'll be like going from a 1995 Ferrari Testarossa to a 2009 Corvette. It might have the same amount of power, but it's going to be lacking in a whole lot of other places compared to the Testarossa.

Keep the Mk2. A great body that will never die.

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It'll be like going from a 1995 Ferrari Testarossa to a 2009 Corvette. It might have the same amount of power, but it's going to be lacking in a whole lot of other places compared to the Testarossa.

Keep the Mk2. A great body that will never die.
Bad comparison...the Testarossa wasn't produced in 1995.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Just to highlight the key question here:

I sometimes feel pretty bogged down with the size and weight. Is the image quality going to suffer that much?
The answer is no, the image quality isn't going to suffer much.

You'll get a major hit in build quality, the autofocus won't be as snappy, and the ergonomics are going to be miles apart. You'll have to decide if all you really care about is image quality, or if you care about the pro body and features.

The reality is that leaving your heavy camera at home is worse than taking your non-pro camera with you. Image quality isn't going to be much of an issue between the two.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Thanks for all the useful input. I'm still not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, but all the comments are consistent with what I've been hearing thus far. The build quality is actually a pretty big factor living up in rainy Seattle.