Quantcast

canon lets me down again

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
24,186 posts and no bitch posts.

moff, the 5D is still a great camera, but i was hoping for a few advancements (faster fps, more cross-type AF points, digic III/14 bit RAW, more info in the viewfinder, etc).

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
24,186 posts and no bitch posts.

moff, the 5D is still a great camera, but i was hoping for a few advancements (faster fps, more cross-type AF points, digic III/14 bit RAW, more info in the viewfinder, etc).
Which pushes it into 1D territory, doesn't it?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
step away from the technology race, tim. good enough is good enough (especially for a bargain)...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
step away from the technology race, tim. good enough is good enough (especially for a bargain)...
says the guy w/ the carbon fiber hood on his car? and an iPhone? :busted:

having a full-frame camera would be really nice...i shoot in some small places and getting more than one band member in the frame is just not possible at times.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
So the 450D is just a XTi on steroids?

Didn't they notice that this didn't really work for Nikon w/ the D40x vs. the D40? People look at the results vs. price, especially in the entry level market.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
says the guy w/ the carbon fiber hood on his car? and an iPhone? :busted:

having a full-frame camera would be really nice...i shoot in some small places and getting more than one band member in the frame is just not possible at times.
my current car is bone stock except for an extra set of (oem) wheels + tires, the radar detector wiring, and aux in for my iPhone.

and the iPhone gets an exception because it brings a sense of childlike wonder to all who behold it...

:D

more seriously, i have totally checked out from even following camera news. my current gear works for me, and that's all i need.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
So the 450D is just a XTi on steroids?

Didn't they notice that this didn't really work for Nikon w/ the D40x vs. the D40? People look at the results vs. price, especially in the entry level market.
i didn't even take a look @ the 450D specs, so i'm not sure what improvements they made.

toshi, i was referring to yr darth vader STi, not your soccer mom RX-8.

:monkeydance:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
fishes are fun; all accounts i've heard of that lens is that it's a good one.

hopefully i will get confirmation of my purchase from the seller tonight and get an ETA.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
hopefully i will get confirmation of my purchase from the seller tonight and get an ETA.
ebay?

Congrats. Of all the Canon bodies I've picked up, that thing is the most portable of the big tanks in the lineup.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well it was kinda weird...the guy posted a for sale on POTN, and i got a PM from him saying he also had it on ebay, but didn't give me a link.

i found what i thought was his (based on the price, and description) and pulled the 'buy it now' trigger. $1600 + twenty for shipping sounds like a very solid deal. ~6K clicks on it.

the 5D is about the same size as the 30D. i do plan on getting a battery grip.

i figure that if the new one comes out later this year, i can sell this one and still get most of my value back (or, depending on features, sell the 30D).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
13) Submitted by Shachar
Clicks: 800,000
Shutter still alive: No
how the HELL does one take 800K images?

say he got the camera the day it was announced (late aug 05)...he'd have to average roughly 900 shots per day.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
i would bet a large amount of $ that he's had improper contact w/ a canine.
I think he posted on ....dpreview maybe? That he smoked a shutter in record time.

There was a thread about it here somewhere....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Been several threads about him and every time he posts on DPReview the thread hits the front page as being one of the most popular, just consisting of six hundred people saying, "OMG! You're an idiot!" and six hundred other people saying, "Shut up! He can shoot however he wants!"

I guess there's wisdom on both sides, he can use his equipment however he feels he wants to use it... but sheesh, just buy a super high resolution video camera like a Red One and video them, then pick the stills.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
How much for the Tokina 12-24, narlus? Or your 17-55 2.8 :busted:
don't forget the sigma 30 f/1.4 either...i'm still trying to figure out what lenses i'll need, but at least one if not three of those will be on the block.

i will likely buy the 24-70L, but i'm not 100% convinced that 24mm on a crop will be wide enough...if i'm shooting a big hall w/ the 3 song rule in effect, i'll likely have the 70-200 on the 5D, and i'll need a wider alternative for the 30D.