Quantcast

canons new canon

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Not worth it because it is a Canon. :D

Sounds like a really good camera for an amazing price. I love my Nikon stuff too much though.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Props to Canon for sticking with an 18mp sensor.

It's a very nice camera, but not earth shattering.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
GFF, you really want a camera body that large?

I love my D300 but I'm not sure I'll ever want the pro-style body with the integrated grip. The D300 is already pretty bulky.

For some circumstances it works, especially if you have big glass attached, but then there's a whole range of times where it's a lot less convenient. And frankly, sometimes it just looks too big. Just a thought - if you've handled a pro body before (and I don't mean a hooker), disregard this.

As H8R said, looks nice. Doesn't look earth shattering unless those high ISO values are substantially cleaner than current technology.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I'd have to agree with BV, unless I was primarily a spectator or taking pics to make money, I think I prefer a non-gripped camera. Although significantly more comfortable and convenient, a gripped body can be cumbersome and unweildy during activity. Just went through this dilemma last week when at the camera store trying on chest packs, and validated it this past weekend when doing some strenuous hike/rock climbing.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
These double grip cameras are too big/bulkly for me to take them most places I go... unless photography is the primary purpose of the trip. Looks like a very nice machine however. Going to be tough to bump into the limitations of this camera imo... so many good bodies out there atm.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
and here i posted this in the correct forum.... :D

i have been using gripped bodies for so long it feels strange to not use one...at last year's Scion Rock fest i went gripless to save some space, but didn't like it at all.

i can definitely see myself buying this camera (hope my car's got a few more years left to it...145K and counting). the 14 fps (http://www.flickr.com/photos/89313874@N00/6256207783) sounds like a machine gun, but i've never had a body w/ more than 5 fps so i am not sure what it's like.

i do like that they kept resolution to a meaningful level...i've had to buy so many HDs for the ~25MB raw files my camera spits out (5D2), it's nice to see some restraint here.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
dual processor, 9 exposures in 1, 204,800 iso, carbon fiber blades, amazing lcd :drool:

hopefully some of this trickles down to their non-pro cams somewhat soon

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Doesn't seem as earth shattering as the article writer makes it out to be. I'd probably just buy the previous generation and pocket the savings.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Doesn't seem as earth shattering as the article writer makes it out to be. I'd probably just buy the previous generation and pocket the savings.
maybe not "earth shattering" but theres plenty of great features in the cam that pros will love....basically everything i mentioned above. oh and 12/14 fps