Quantcast

Cans

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Not really "cans" but earbuds. I know there are a lot of people here with mp3 players. I don't care what kind of player you have or why it's better than mine, there are other threads for that. What I'm interested in is what kind of headphones/earbuds you have. I'm struggling to find buds that:
a)sound good,
b)are comfortable, and
c)stay in my ears

I've only found ones that satisfy any 2 requirements at a time. I'd also like to stay under $50.

Any recommendations?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
llkoolkeg said:
You toad! Don't pretend you didn't know people would click here in search of boobies!
Sorry. I spent several years in the world of 24-track, analog recording, and headphones were called cans back then. :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
BikeGeek said:
Sorry. I spent several years in the world of 24-track, analog recording, and headphones were called cans back then. :D
Same here! I used Koss, AKG and Sennheisers mostly back then for at least a few good listens during mastering. Besides the reference monitors, I could never bring myself to cut a master until I had listened to my mix on all three sets of headphones, my home stereo and my car stereo. Those would all prove a bit bulky for this application, though. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, I can see why you'd want cans to sound good (when you slap them - nice, firm "whack" with a little bit of a jiggle, unlike, say, slapping a bowl of jello), and be comfortable (who doesn't like sleeping on 'em, after all?).

But why would you want them in your ears? :confused: