Quantcast

Can't decide 2017 stumpjumper or enduro?650b

fullmoto

Chimp
Apr 30, 2010
So I'm about to a buy either a 2017 stumpjumper 27.5 or enduro 27.5. I'm leaning a bit more towards the stumpjumper because the enduro might be a bit overkill for most of my trails at 170/170mm. I was looking at the frame only option for the stumpjumper and do a build with it, maybe 160mm front fork? Would a 160mm fork void the frame warranty since it comes stock with a 150mm fork? Let me know your opinions on these two bikes. Still haven't ruled out the enduro just yet. I'm choicing specialized to support my shop and getting a real good deal

Last edited:

ALuv4Fun

Chimp
Oct 20, 2016
What type of trails do you normally ride? I ask because an Enduro can seem to be overkill for your normal trails but you also need to assess what you're looking for in a mountain bike. I own a Specialized Enduro and while it's overkill for most of the trails around where I live, I had a different reason for choosing my bike. I come from a motocross background in which you don't want to feel your frame flexing while riding. I had a Specialized XC which didn't have the most flex free frame and made me feel like I needed to take it easy on the frame or risk breaking it. It was for this reason that I chose the Enduro. Not one time have I felt that my bike's frame was going to break. It doesn't matter what the terrain is like or how big the drop-offs are, the frame shows no signs of flexing which is also helpful when you're making adjustments to your suspension. I hope this doesn't further confuse your decision but it may give you something to consider before you make your final decision.