Quantcast

Can't figure this out...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
A previous thread reminded me of this, and how it drove my mind crazy. Try this

It's pretty cool, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the trick is, but when I actually do it, it is right every time.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
LordOpie said:
algorithms
yeah, thanks :rolleyes:
-the Comp Sci minor

The problem is that it's right every time, and you don't enter anything. Don't even have to rest the mouse over any number. I can't figure out any input, but the output is right.

caputo1989 said:
Dont work.
You gotta click on the box.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's just a pre-defined set of numbers with associated symbols. The reason it's not the same every time is because it re-generates the table with different letter associations every time. Most people don't notice because the table is so large that you don't see a pattern.

For instance, one time the table is generated, no matter what number you choose, you'll end up with an associated "i". The next time, no matter what number, you'll end up with "v", etc.

Cool trick, though.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Well they know all the possible answers before hand and place a single icon in those boxes. then after they magically show you the answer they shuffle the icon around .

Look at the board again. check out 81, 72, 63, 54, 45, etc.....all going to be the right answer. But each time it resets it is a different icon to be selected. There is enough information to cloud over what they are doing....confusing you so you don't see the pattern.

I don't know if that made any sense.....

Rhino

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
binary visions said:
It's just a pre-defined set of numbers with associated symbols. The reason it's not the same every time is because it re-generates the table with different letter associations every time. Most people don't notice because the table is so large that you don't see a pattern.

For instance, one time the table is generated, no matter what number you choose, you'll end up with an associated "i". The next time, no matter what number, you'll end up with "v", etc.

Cool trick, though.
Ok, that makes sense. I knew there was a pattern, but I didn't notice it regenerated every time.
RhinofromWA said:
Well they know all the possible answers before hand and place a single icon in those boxes. then after they magically show you the answer they shuffle the icon around .

Look at the board again. check out 81, 72, 63, 54, 45, etc.....all going to be the right answer. But each time it resets it is a different icon to be selected. There is enough information to cloud over what they are doing....confusing you so you don't see the pattern.

I don't know if that made any sense.....

Rhino
Yep, I figured it out now.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
binary visions said:

Cool trick, though.
Damn you BV! I am slow.... but quicker than Kinghami3. :D

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
kinghami3 said:
Ok, that makes sense. I knew there was a pattern, but I didn't notice it regenerated every time.

Yep, I figured it out now.
It's still one of the better tricks I've seen. Namely, because you don't have to input any information.