Quantcast

Can't get enough Ti...

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
sorry, been away making a living... some replies are due.

Aprox weigh of bike - 26.9 lbs

Ti rings being literally 5 grams more weight. I can live with that.

------

"Broken" teeth.. no, those are shifting ramps, and they work great.

------

Adding ti Skewers, spokes etc: No can do, Skewers would be weaker than my steels, and they don't make Ti spoke for the I9 wheels.

------

Finally, to the smart ass who asked, why I need a "Bazallion dollar bike?" ... Cause I want one, and have the cash, thank you.

------

Riding the T100 before late Oct... Not a chance, if you're serious though, I'm down for a road trip to cooler climates.. we rent a van, and take a group.

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
SkaredShtles said:
Wow. That seems really heavy for a blinged out Ti bike. <shrug>
Keep in mind, Ti is heavier than Al, but close to the strength of steel.

My order of priorities was:

Strength / durability
Weight
Aesthetics

but since form follows function the later was guaranteed.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ti22 said:
Keep in mind, Ti is heavier than Al, but close to the strength of steel.

My order of priorities was:

Strength / durability
Weight
Aesthetics

but since form follows function the later was guaranteed.
Since you don't ride much that Ti beauty ought to last you 50 years. :D

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
SkaredShtles said:
Since you don't ride much that Ti beauty ought to last you 50 years. :D

I'll be happy to get 10 years out of it, with 6 months of riding weather here a year, I'm sure that's not going to be a problem. But I've got other hobbies that I can enjoy when the weather is 100+ at 9am, than riding a bike, if that's what you're getting at. :thumb:

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
greenchris said:
ti 22 im just givin ya some shat for having a nice bike. you should get outta that damn heat and up to flag...
I've been trying to get a handful of friends to do that for the last month.. and nobody is interested.. so I may go alone early July, or even go to the Moab area... I tried a night ride about 3 weeks ago, and it was way to hot even with the sun down to be any fun, plus the trails near my house are unlit, so if the moon is not out, the lights on the bike don't do enough to light up the path to make the ride any fun.. especially since there are serious cactus waiting your arrival should you stray off the path. :eek: