Quantcast

Can't get enough Ti...

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Though some might find these pics interesting..

I strongly recommend these chainrings by Brett Brown.. Can't say well enough of their quality, shifting, noise level, and looks!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
looks sweet man. i cant wait to get my merlin built up the way i want it. and ti chainrings usually last longer than aluminum ones correct?

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Ti can last 3-4 times as long I'm told, but even then, they're only about 25% more expensive than the AL Shimano's..

as for the rotor.. yes the front is a 205mm and the rear is a 180mm.. check out my "My Bike" link for more pics..

Thanks guys

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
RD3 said:
I also see you could add a MOOTS ti stem.
http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=61109&cat=300&brand=161

MOOTS also used to make riser bars, but now only make flat bars. There was a set on ebay, but they went for a crazy $450.

Nokon cables would also look great on your bike, best cable system imo, takes time to install, but worth it.
http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=42017&cat=60&brand=171
pic on them on a bike
Those cables are compatible with my Shimano front and SRAM rear setup? Also, how much labor do you think they would cost to install?

I've looked at the moots neck and bar, but there are certain areas that I think black or carbon looked better, such as the steering..

Ti22

Monkey
Feb 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Trainwreck said:
Right nice ride and you're here in the neighborhood. That bike is way too clean for where we live. :D
Heck if you're out riding in Phoenix these past few weeks, you're more a man than me! :cool:

Actually, it got a lot of moon dust on it in the first few months, but I don't like to take pics of a dirty bike, so I washed it before pics.. I think it looks a lot better when it's clean.

Except the rare trip to the mountains (Flag, Payson, etc..) this bike will be kept inside well into October before I hit the trails again! I'm just not that hard core.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Ti22 said:
Those cables are compatible with my Shimano front and SRAM rear setup? Also, how much labor do you think they would cost to install?

I've looked at the moots neck and bar, but there are certain areas that I think black or carbon looked better, such as the steering..
Yes, the nokons will work with your setup. They would probably take between 1-2 hrs to install, if you are used to working with them.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
You sir, have a problem. :)

I'd hit up the ti riser. back when titec was a cool company i bought the hellion riser, it's nice. several different companys make them.

umberto

Chimp
Apr 22, 2006
Socal rider
This is a very beautiful bike! all that carbon and titianium must give a pretty good ride and ti will live forever. What's an estimated weight on this thing?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
the nokon cable system is a bitch to set up and to replace cables in down the road when you need to. which you actually should do fairly often if you're riding much.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Do you have a Cycle Dynamics Ti cassette, if not you should get one, and I promise you'll never regret it. Much smoother than XTR or sram 990. Also all the gears are seperate so you can switch-up the ratio down the road for cheap. Ti skewers? Ti spokes? Ti bolts on everything? Ti chain?

My budy has a Moots Vamoots road bike and went nuts over Ti to the same extent you did, the realized he would never need to replace anything and justifying upgrades would be much harder to do.

I love that bike by the way. That frame rides better than sex.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Don't show this thread to JSG...

But the bike is sex. And I second the Cycle Dynamics Ti cassette. I'd kill to be able to swap cogs in my cassette.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
maxyedor said:
Look up the Shimano prices, and make sure you're sitting down when you do it.
Holy crap, 200 bucks for a new set of rings? That's obscene...Ti rings are def. worth it for M960 cranks, I suppose.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
probably trying to blow out on this year/last years model cranks b/c of the redesigned stuff being released soon.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
All I know is recently I saw an XTR crank, BB, and chainrings for $200. That's $20 more than the large Ti ring alone...... :think:
For serious?

Still not worth it cause of the specific chainrings, but thats a helluva deal. Buy them and sell them on eBay! :p

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Ti22 said:
Except the rare trip to the mountains (Flag, Payson, etc..) this bike will be kept inside well into October before I hit the trails again! I'm just not that hard core.
:rolleyes:
So what's the need of owning a bazillion dollar bike?

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
Those are some nice rings. Boone makes some great stuff. I have a Boone Ti wedding ring. Aren't those Ti chanirings heavier than aluminum ones?
Oh, by the way, it's Bruce Boone, not Brett Boone.