Quantcast

Can't see any images with [IMG] tags

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I cant see any images either. I cant even see the code. I can see where the pics should be and used to be able to see the pics. One day i just randomly couldnt see them. Im using Windows XP with FireFox 3.6.3

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Could you try clearing your browser cache and seeing if that fixes it?

For Firefox, this would be Tools > Options, click Advanced, select the Network tab and under Offline Storage click on "Clear Now."

I can't duplicate this for the life of me across multiple operating systems and multiple browsers.

Also, do you guys have any kind of ad-blocking program turned on or any other kind of plugin that has the capability to block content?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Happening on my computer that runs Firefox / OSX, as well as my sister's with the same specs. I have AdBlocker, she doesn't.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Anyone having this problem, please do a dns lookup on images.ridemonkey.com

To do this in Windows:

Start/Run, type cmd and click OK (if you have Windows Vista/7, just click the start button and type cmd - no need to click run).
Type nslookup images.ridemonkey.com into the command prompt and press enter.
Post up what comes after Name: images.ridemonkey.com - it will be Address: <something>. Or, there will be an error.

To do this in MacOS, refer to the first section at the following website:
http://guide.netfronts.com/Advanced/Ping_and_Nslookup_with_Mac_OS_X.htm

When it asks you for a domain name, you will enter images.ridemonkey.com

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Not sure if this is right, but here's what I got:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-APPLE-P2 <<>> images.ridemonkey.com
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 34530
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;images.ridemonkey.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
images.ridemonkey.com. 604326 IN A 64.93.76.78

;; Query time: 101 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.0.1#53(192.168.0.1)
;; WHEN: Mon May 10 08:54:35 2010
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 55

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Dammit. That's not helpful. That's what you're supposed to see :p

Do you have another browser on the system that you can test with and see if the problem still occurs?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I can see images fine with Safari on my machine, just not Firefox, which runs AdBlocker.

I can also not see images on my sister's computer and Firefox, which does not run AdBlocker.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Regardless of whether or not AdBlocker is on or off i still cant see the images...no problem seeing the images using Google Chrome with its version of Adblocker on.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay guys, we've made a change, will you do a force refresh on some of the pages you previously had trouble with, and test it now (force refresh is Control-F5 on Windows, Cmd+R a few times in Safari, I don't know about firefox on Macs)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

admin

Chimp
Jun 28, 2001
NULL
"Not allowed"
Images are locked from being accessed directly. You must view them on a page from Ridemonkey.com in order to see them. I've loosened the restrictions some to account for browsers that may not be providing the proper information for whatever reason…

Is anyone still having trouble seeing images from directly within the forums?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I still cannot see images on my work computer, but at home it's fine. Even the image above I can see now, but at work it says "not allowed"

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Okay guys, we've made a change, will you do a force refresh on some of the pages you previously had trouble with, and test it now (force refresh is Control-F5 on Windows, Cmd+R a few times in Safari, I don't know about firefox on Macs)
Just refreshed on my OSX 10.5.8 MAC with both Safari and Camino -

Safari works fine.

Camino (Mozilla), the browser I've been using as my default, I'm still not seeing images.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Arghghghg... So far I've tried 3 different versions of Firefox on Windows XP Pro, Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP Home, Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Can one of you with the problem try clicking on this link and see if an image shows up, or if you get an error/blank page/something else?

http://images.ridemonkey.com/index.php?size=full&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.markbernstein.org%2Felements%2FBikeSign.jpg
OK weird, I can see this image (camino) but for example, Narlus' most recent post of bands I cant see anything...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Can someone test this again?

Sorry for the constant "Is it fixed yet?" messages but nobody on our team can duplicate this problem. Give it a shot and post up to let me know if it's fixed.