Quantcast

Can't view last page of threads

rossp

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
I had this on a couple of threads before and noticed it again on this one:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218130&page=1

when I click on page 2, or next etc, it just takes me back to the page I was already on. The other thread (I forget which one) had more pages but just kept me at the second to last page. THis was the same whether I was logged in or not. I suspect I'm not missing much in the thread anyway :rolleyes: ;) so no biggie but it was just odd - couldn't work out what was going on....

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
The 2nd to last page is actually the last page. If this happens to you then there are no more pages. For some reason it shows that there is another page when there is not. This has been brought up and I thought that it was resolved but I guess not.

There is nothing wrong with your computer nor is there another page that you are not seeing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this happens with some long threads, and has been happening for a while. database bug, methinks

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
deleted posts maybe?
Definitely, I've noticed it on a bunch of boards. I'm sure the logic is something like the thread post count accumulates, but when the post(or maybe just the user) is deleted there aren't enough posts to fill the pages for the count.

So say 16 posts are made. 3 are deleted. and the paging is set to 15 posts per page. The pages will show 1 and 2, but all 13 posts will already be displayed on the 1st page.

Kind of annoying for bigger threads(youtube extra..) when you really want to see the last page but keep thinking you're getting put on the second to last page.

rossp

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
Kind of annoying for bigger threads(youtube extra..) when you really want to see the last page but keep thinking you're getting put on the second to last page.
Well, maybe I wasn't THAT keen to read it...lol.

thanks for the replies - that makes sense and at least I know I'm not going mad....:imstupid: