Quantcast

Cape Cod riding

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Weather's warm and the ice is melting, trails were expected to be really sloppy here in central MA so Berkshire Rider and I decided to head to the Cape where the soil dries out a lot quicker and we were not disappointed. Despite getting a foot of snow earlier in the week there was surprisingly little left on the trails today.

Berksire Rider JRA

Down through some small rocks

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Nice pics Eamon. Is that Otis? Looking for a place to ride next weekend, thinking possibly Arcadia down in RI again.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Yeah Joe, that's Otis. If you want to go down let me know, I'd be glad to join you.

We didn't really get lost at all. That last bridge you're used to riding in the other direction but the light was in our face when we tried to shoot from that angle so Steve turned around and went up the ladder for a picture.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
nice!

I am glad we only have 2 or 3 areas to ride that are THAT rugged! if I had that around here... either I would have to quit riding or my kids would go without food and clothes... cause I would break too much gear!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
nice!

I am glad we only have 2 or 3 areas to ride that are THAT rugged! if I had that around here... either I would have to quit riding or my kids would go without food and clothes... cause I would break too much gear!
That's funny...this is our off-season riding around here, you've seen Splat's photo threads. :) :cheers:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
That's funny...this is our off-season riding around here, you've seen Splat's photo threads. :) :cheers:

that's what I mean! I gravitate toward it... I love that type of terain, we have 3 areas that are like that! But we use other riding places to keep it interesting... :thumb:

I would love it for riding purposes, but I would hate it when managing my bank account !:busted:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Where are these trails on the Cape? We just booked our 1st "family vacation" on the Cape (like the rest of middle America...) this summer and want to find some places to hopefully ride. We'll be pretty far out, though.

Thanks! - Jim

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Where are these trails on the Cape? We just booked our 1st "family vacation" on the Cape (like the rest of middle America...) this summer and want to find some places to hopefully ride. We'll be pretty far out, though.

Thanks! - Jim
Hey Jim,

being a Cape native, I can help you with some basic riding info. trail of tears is a great riding spot. Otis too. However, they are both on the "upper cape" which can be anywhere from 30min to over an hour away if you're staying somewhere on the "lower cape". The lower Cape (IE anything north of Orleans area, Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro, Provincetown) has a few decent riding spots, I suggest you check out Idle times bike shop (they have an Orleans, and an Eastham Shop), & ask for Peter Noble (owner) I'm pretty sure they have shop rides during the week in the summer. Places to ride mtb down that way include "The Punkhorns" in Brewster, "Nickerson State Park" in Brewster, and some other smaller areas that are not so well known...you'd need a local to take you on those ;)
And as BadDNA said, there are a ton of paved bike paths if you really want to get from here to there by bike. the summer traffic can be heavy, and a bunch of the roads aren't too conducive to bike traffic...

Have a great vaca. we are staying on cape this summer the third week in July, so I'll be heading out to hit a few local spots during that week.

CP

Good luck