Quantcast

Capital forest yay!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Great ride yesterday. Did the shuttle up, Greenline #6 down. Some of the best trail out there... and anywhere for that matter. Only saw 2 hunters, and 2 other riders on the trail, although lots of riders gettin ready along the drive up. Conditions were perfect. Only a couple puddles on the main trail. Near the bottom mud is unavoidable, but if you ride anywhere fall/winter you have to expect it. I only had to walk 2 small parts of the trail. I even managed to do the 2 mile hill climb of death in about 35 minutes...

AFTERMATH:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Pikes RADalicious. Or is it Shredtastic? Either way its been a wise upgrade. Over the z1 i had its stiffer (part of that could be from 3 yr old bushings in Z1) It has a bit more travel, and is real adjustable. The z1 had the old ECC... lock down solid for climbs. The Uturn differnt, but cool too, but i feel its more a long term thing. If you know you have a long climb, like yesterday, you can set the fork up for that... But if i encounter a short bastard hill the best i can do is lock the compression, but my geometry still remains high...Both have their places i think. The floodgate deal made the fork feel like a rigid when locked out, but i could still get the thing to blowoff if needed... thats adjustable too... sorta like the lockout on the fox with the threshold valve... MAXLE is so simple, no more tools for 20mm. Overall im glad i got the fork. the only thing i didnt like was the weight was more than claimed, but thats to be expected.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
buildyourown said:
What is involved in changing the travel?
You turn a dial on top of one of the stanchions. Fox and Manitou are doin the variable travel dial too. it's soooo sweet, main reason why i liked my pyslo(noodle) back in the day. Clicking and lowering your front end down for climbin or just lowering your fork around halfway for XC, or chopperin all the way up for downhill, all with the turn of a knob..... :heart:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Great ride yesterday. Did the shuttle up, Greenline #6 down. Some of the best trail out there... and anywhere for that matter. Only saw 2 hunters, and 2 other riders on the trail, although lots of riders gettin ready along the drive up. Conditions were perfect. Only a couple puddles on the main trail. Near the bottom mud is unavoidable, but if you ride anywhere fall/winter you have to expect it. I only had to walk 2 small parts of the trail. I even managed to do the 2 mile hill climb of death in about 35 minutes...

AFTERMATH:
I'll come down for the shuttle next Sunday for a tour.....Oly style :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Here ya go.... this is the trail i did (GREEN), we didnt have enough time to do the brown route. For reference Pink to orange is the short DH shutte, and the red is the longer traversing addition.

also, for reference we hit the shuttle at 9am, and were back to the trucks at middle waddel by 12:30. this included 1 flat, and a few of the normal pickup spots. Not a bad way to spend sunday morning.... and that map is just scratching the surface....

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
..or you can link the DH to the Red XC extender, which is what we did four our shuttle run on sunday

(it's the yellow addition to damon's lovely drawing)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Oh yea... thats another possibility. Its uphill most the way and in the summer is a gravely moto whoop section.

BTW, just looking at that map i see other rides. Maybe i need to digitize my personal map book this way.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Capitol Forest Dreamin'

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray.
I've been for a ride on a winter's day.
I'd be muddy and brown if I was in Olympiay;
Capitol Forest dreamin? on such a winter's day.

Stopped in to a chevron I passed along the way.
Well I grubbed down on some chicken and jo jo's they're great.
You know the shuttle driver liked the cold;
He knows I'm gonna stay.

If I didn't tell her I could leave today;

Skookum said:
Capitol Forest Dreamin'

I'd be muddy and brown if I was in Olympiay;

Stopped in to a chevron I passed along the way.
Well I grubbed down on some chicken and jo jo's they're great.
You know the shuttle driver liked the cold;
He knows I'm gonna stay.

If I didn't tell her I could leave today;

I love this song....