Quantcast

Capitol Forest XC and Super D, This Weekend!

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
Just a reminder that there are two races in Capitol Forest this weekend March 15th and 16th. XC on Saturday and Super D on Sunday. Check www.capitolforest.com for all the info. The Super D course is in the best shape it's ever been in, come check it out. Hope to see you there!

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
I am down; registered and ready to go.
...But, I have never been there before. Coming from Montesano, would any roads be unpassible? I will be heading there tomorrow to ride after work, and want to get there the shortest route possible.

Pre-rode the Super-d course last weekend, should be fun. It was, and is gonna be, sloppy and slick!! Lots of 2 wheel drifting through some sketchy section. The pucker factor could be high! :-)
I haven't ridden Greenline into Fall creek in a year or so, those FOCF people have really done a tone of work on it....very nice (thank you). The lower section has been completly re-routed into some really flowy, windy trail with big ol' burms. Good times!

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
I am down; registered and ready to go.
...But, I have never been there before. Coming from Montesano, would any roads be unpassible? I will be heading there tomorrow to ride after work, and want to get there the shortest route possible.
Don't take the backroads, there is still a ton of snow at the higher elevations.

For directions check www.capitolforest.com and click on the races 2008 link, it will give you complete directions.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Pre-rode the Super-d course last weekend, should be fun. It was, and is gonna be, sloppy and slick!! Lots of 2 wheel drifting through some sketchy section. The pucker factor could be high! :-)
I haven't ridden Greenline into Fall creek in a year or so, those FOCF people have really done a tone of work on it....very nice (thank you). The lower section has been completly re-routed into some really flowy, windy trail with big ol' burms. Good times!
Are you going to be out there Mike?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Thank you sooooo much to FOCF for putting on this race! What a great way to start race season. It's nice to go to a race that is so orginized. The burn barrells at the bottom and top of the course was so nice. I must say the free massage after the race was a nice ending to the day! It doesn't get much better then that! :clapping:

Can't wait for the Super D in September. Hopefully it will be a dry one. :drool:

JimEG

Chimp
May 29, 2006
Capitol Forest
Huge props to FOCF for all the work and effort that went into this race. Great times, and food. Only thing was missing was jamie and the m80.

Jamie will be back, his dad had shoulder surgery Friday, so he was helping him out this weekend. I think that was bigger than an M80 to.....maybe even homemade. I've still got shell shock from last year.

Thanks to everyone who came out. A good, fun (and fast) mellow vibe all weekend. Quality volunteers and quality racers made it a total success. Lots of fast local teams with solid podium finishes to. The September race is just around the corner.

Until then.....the The Fluid Cup!

And for two of the ultimate Super D races in the country, Ashland Oregon mid-June and Downieville California mid-July.

stevethetree

Chimp
Mar 31, 2002
Spanaway WA
That was a great time in the woods. Tons of improvements to the trail. Lots of kudos to the promoters and sponsers. Was great to see some of the old gang again.

JimEG

Chimp
May 29, 2006
Capitol Forest
Hey, Jim, it was good to meet you. Major props on a good job yesterday. We had a great time.

Cheers,

Greg
Majors props to the 30+ volunteers and all of the racers. This was a great weekend of racing that was made possible by everyone who was there.

See you in September, or sooner.