Quantcast

Capitol forest

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
I'm planning on going there this weekend for the first time. I have looked at the maps on the website but still have a few questions about directions and such. Is it okay to talk about trails here? If not can someone PM me and maybe help me with a few questions. Thanks

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
I understand that Trail 30 is somewhat freeride and dh related? This is the trail my friend and I are planning to ride on a quick trip through the area. The directions say you can drive to the start of the trail or at least nearby. Is this true? Then i'm wondering the best way to get back to the car. It doesn't look like there is a direct route back the same way. I'm assuming the trail is a one way only. Is this a good trail to ride if we don't have much time? Is there another one you would recommend? We will probably only have a few hours to spend here. Thanks alot

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
I have not ridden alot of Capitol Forest,but I think the most you would want for any of the trails would be a long travel trail bike.Go to www.capitolforest.com and check out friends of Capitol Forest.They have work parties every first Sat. of the month.They may shuttle when done.If you don't plan on climbing you will need a shuttle driver.I understand the top is under snow,the area is also a weather magnet and Sat. does not look good.Weather calls for thunder showers.

JimEG

Chimp
May 29, 2006
Capitol Forest
DHR said it.

Upper trail 30 is under snow still.

Most trails in Capitol Forest are better suited for long travel trail bikes. It's kind of an AM paradise. This does not stop many locals from shuttling there DH bikes to the top of Trail 30 and Green Line 6 though.

If you aren't on a full blown DH bike there are some good trails open right now though. Anything out of Fall Creek is in killer shape right now.

Come back later in the spring when the snow melts out up top to.