Quantcast

Capitol Forest?

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
I've been working in the Olympia area lately, and am hoping to check out the capitol forest trails this week. Any ride suggestions for 2-3 hour after work spin, preferably not all uphill xc slog fests! I've checked out the capitolforest.com website for some ideas, but I'd like to know what the best bang for your buck is.

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
I've been working in the Olympia area lately, and am hoping to check out the capitol forest trails this week. Any ride suggestions for 2-3 hour after work spin, preferably not all uphill xc slog fests! I've checked out the capitolforest.com website for some ideas, but I'd like to know what the best bang for your buck is.
Drive to Fall Creek, and park at the big parking lot at the end of the road. The best ride from there for new riders is trail #8 to trail #50 to trail #6. It is a loop and takes a couple hours at a moderate pace. Study the map first and make sure you know where you are going. If you start off by crossing a large bridge, turn around and go the other way, up the mountain.