Quantcast

Car Breakin on Empire Grade

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Dammit! :mumble:

Some asswipe broke into my buddy's car tonight. We were all parked up on Empire Grade just before the twin gates in the usual spot. Someone broke the right front window, and made off with all the clothes in the car, a Blackberry and a pager, and a custom-made helmetcam. But they left the wallet - how considerate!

I'm sure he will post more details, but if you happen to see anyone trying to sell a helmetcam for cheap and it looks like it's "not typical", give a shout.

And watch out for breakins! Don't leave any valuables in the car if you park up there. This happened sometime between about 5:30 and 9 PM.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
jimw said:
Dammit! :mumble:

Some asswipe broke into my buddy's car tonight. We were all parked up on Empire Grade just before the twin gates in the usual spot. Someone broke the right front window, and made off with all the clothes in the car, a Blackberry and a pager, and a custom-made helmetcam. But they left the wallet - how considerate!

I'm sure he will post more details, but if you happen to see anyone trying to sell a helmetcam for cheap and it looks like it's "not typical", give a shout.

And watch out for breakins! Don't leave any valuables in the car if you park up there. This happened sometime between about 5:30 and 9 PM.

Oh Man, that sucks! somebody posted on MTBR about a car break-in up there last week. I don't know if it was you or one of your friends talking about the same break in or yours is another?

Anyway, mention was made that there are some not so savory type folks camped in the bushes up there not too far off the road. I haven't seen this particular camp, but have stumbled on my share in that area over the years. I've sure also seen a fair amount of broken window glass at those turnouts south of Twingates. I don't ever park up there. If I was going to park up there, it would be well north of the gates on that long straight stretch of road along the meadow, in other words, where someone couldn't hide in the woods as they approached your car.