Quantcast

Car damaged at car wash / detail shop

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
well, i have a policy for stuff like this.

i usually ask the manager... who is going to pay? are you going to stiff your min-wage employee over the repair, or the company is going to shoulder the cost?

based on that, ill bitch or just say **** it, not worth the hassle.

peruvian employers are truly ****ty (no wonder!) on min-wage employees.
once a waiter brought me the wrong wine bottle, which i poured half, before realizing it wasnt carmenere.. and when i asked for the right one, he told me the manager would take the $40 from his paycheck... which i consider absolutely ridiculous...

i drank and paid for the opened bottle anyways, and bitched to manager for being such a ****ty employer.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
So here is where things are now.

I went and looked at the surveillance video with the 2 on staff managers and there wasn't anything obvious on it. The stock tint on the sunroof makes it basically impossible to see when they slid it open/closed in the multiple angles they had. There is a short period of time when you see the guy in the car move backwards in the front seat and then you cant see what hes doing in the video. So that could have been when it happened, but there is no way to know for sure unfortunately. They are refusing full responsibility and said there is no way they are going to pay $500 for the dealer to fix it.

The manager gave me a card to a local interior shop to go to and told me to get a quote. Once they get that quote, they would let me know what they could do to help. They said they want to resolve this without either of us having to pay too much. I also suggested helping pay for the parts to fix it and doing it myself. They said that can be an option after they get the quote from the interior shop.

So it drags on more... I probably wont be able to make it to the shop to get the quote until next week.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do your own rsch, find the parts and fix it. Just ask them to pay for the part, OR for your next 5 washes free. That way you get your money worth and they aren't out of pocket. Reason wih them.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I really don't understand why places like this don't just man up and pay. If they continue like this, you're never going back there, and you're going to tell everyone you can not to. If they'd just pay for it, I imagine you'd be willing to go back, and would probably recommend it to others.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Do your own rsch, find the parts and fix it. Just ask them to pay for the part, OR for your next 5 washes free. That way you get your money worth and they aren't out of pocket. Reason wih them.
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to take my car back to a place that broke my car, even for free.

It's good whoever you talked seems like he is being cool about it by calling you when he said he would and recording the footage, so maybe things aren't so grim.

How old is your car? You might be able to find an assembly at a junk yard for a lot cheaper than a dealership will charge.