Quantcast

Car Prowlers at SST

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Lots of fresh glass and the guys i was riding with Nissan Sentra had its window smashed out... Just a Heads up keep all valuables at home or with you... Im scurred to park there now. Guess its the hike up 27 from now on...

May 13, 2006
Olympia, WA
Yea, someone tried to get into my high speed ford ranger but busting the door lock. Good news is they were idiots. Nothing was lost, but I did have valuables in the care.

Lesson Learned, dont be a victim.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Normally, I'd blame this on the republicans. This time, I can honestly blame this on American Idol. Think about it...for the few finalists, there are thousands of rejects that have been cast off into the hinterland - a mere shell of what they thought they really were. Where else is there to go than the lot @ SST to regain your place in the world? Makes sense to me.

vigorcore

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
thx for the good riding times. It was very brief after my retarded crash lol. yeah, for you peeps out there riding SST. Watch out! put stuff in ur trunk and get it out of view or don't take it with you! HF!

vig

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
More of a pedal but if you don't want your window smashed out by meth-heads you can park on the Des Moines side. One way is to park at the Post Office, drive across the street. There'll be a couple of big concrete blocks there. Ride all the way down the deserted road. Trail goes downhill, stay right, down the steps across the bridge. Ride up the creek....
Or park near the cop shop at the Des Moines Library. Ride up 216th east bound, take a left on 14th. At the end of 14th which is 212th take a right go up the little hill on the corner to the left is the official Des Moines entrance to the park. Go past the original BMX jump site stay to the left down to the stairs across the bridge. Ride up the creek....

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Snacks said:
If you car/truck doesn't have any vaubles in it, maybe not locking might help?
That works if you have an old crappy car, but sometimes they'll just open door and slash up your upholstery for a good time.:rolleyes:

They're inherently lazy by nature (which is why they don't get jobs) so I have found that leaving your car bare, nothing in sight, nothing hidden with the doors locked works well. If there is no incentive to break into it, they might go find better pickings elsewhere.

Whereas, if the door is unlocked...hey, why not take a peak inside and look around.

Frikkin cockroaches..:redhot: