Quantcast

car rack

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was thinking of putting a roof rack on my car. Problem is, my car is kind of small. The rack might look silly hanging off the roof of my car. I drive a 1998 Intergra (see picture). We have a spare Thule rack. What do you guys think? How goofy would it look? Maybe I should just use the hatchback to hold my skis and bike.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Do you have a rear spoiler as well? I drive a '97 Honda Accord Special edition, body style like yours, 2 door.

I use a truck mount rack that holds 3 bikes. So that may be an option.

(sorry.....no pic..........I'm not that talented!!!:D :D :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't have the rear spoiler. When I bought the car, I was kind of strapped for cash. I couldn't afford those fancy-schmancy add ons. :D

I found this pic on the Internet. Take the spoiler off this pic, and that's my car (same color too).

Right now, we just use the wife's Explorer for carting around the toys.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
A trunk mount would work well then. I like it because I can slap it on in a matter of minuts, and slap my bike on it and go. A hell of a lot easier then the take tire off, angle bike properly etc...

The rear rack, for a decent one is about 60.00. I also like it because it's not a perm mount. Mount it only when I need it. With the roof rack you also have the height issue......

That's just my opinion....so I hope it might have helped...

:)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks for the two cents! My wife built a rack inside the Explorer for carting around the bikes. Works really well. We do use the roof rack for the skis.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Nice truck!!!! Ain't this backwards? who's driving the truck???

.............ah, never mind, I'm am not a sexist, my girlfriend would kill me!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Go with the roof mounts but then we went round a corner hit a pothole (or else my pal is just a bad driver) no wait he is...put him on the gravel and he thinks hes in the world rally champs!!! and oh shit is that the roof rack I can see COMING OFF THE ROOF! STOOOOOOPPPPP...TOO LATE THERE THEY GO! Once one side lets go its all DH from there...luckily we werent going too fast or on the motorway! a few broken spokes and some scratches and my girlfriends kind understanding nature ( I was ridin her bike that day! ) and we were back on the road with the bikes inside the car!!!

The moral is on the back or inside!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :p

Merwin5_10

Don't Mess With Texas!
Jul 6, 2001
Austin, Texas
Roof racks make ANY car look better. I drive a GEO METRO. I have a Yak Rak on it with two Steelheads. Trust me, a roof rack is the ONLY thing that can make a geo metro look anything remotely resembling cool.