Quantcast

carbon fiber fork strength?

Discussion in 'Cross Country, All Mountain & Trail Riding' started by ZenkiGarage, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ZenkiGarage

ZenkiGarage Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    So im now looking at carbon forks also(cant have to many fork options:banana:) and im just curious about their strength. I know it will have a little more give than my cromo rigid fork but is it going to be weaker than the cromo fork?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MMcG

MMcG Ride till you puke!

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 4
    Have a look at the On One Superlight carbon fork - go to pricepoint to find em. That'll be plenty strong and it'll perform great.

cheers,

Mark

3. ZenkiGarage

ZenkiGarage Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Cool, thanks!

4. MMcG

MMcG Ride till you puke!

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 4
    You are welcome. Let us know if you buy one

5. N8 v2.0

N8 v2.0 Not the sharpest tool in the shed

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    I have a Pace RC29 on my single speed for the last 2 years and I think it is excellent. Very light and strong.

6. bstrick

bstrick Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    I've run the Pace 29er carbon for 2 solid seasons in Colorado and love it. I got to honest. I thought this thing was going to break by now. I weigh 2 bills plus I ride with 10 pounds of gear at least on long days and ride the most tech terrain I can find, not to mention the crashes I've had. It is tight spacing for the rotor bolts on Hope brakes and the lawyer tabs are a little much sometimes. Easy stuff to overlook when performance is the important factor here. I have not ridden any other rigid forks so I can only say this one is good. You also can not go wrong with steel.

7. Zone 3

Zone 3 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    hmmm, sounds like carbon is sorted out with these forks:
    about how much forward/backward flex can you get at the axle by rocking the bike hard on a hard floor with the front brakes on?

i use 560gm, titanium, disc specific forks that will flex 50mm/2" back and forth

thrashed and raced by 3 different strong heavy riders (90-110kg), no failures in 3 years work and no signs of any coming