Quantcast

carbon fiber fork strength?

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
So im now looking at carbon forks also(cant have to many fork options:banana:) and im just curious about their strength. I know it will have a little more give than my cromo rigid fork but is it going to be weaker than the cromo fork?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Have a look at the On One Superlight carbon fork - go to pricepoint to find em. That'll be plenty strong and it'll perform great.

cheers,

Mark

bstrick

Chimp
Feb 10, 2008
Louisville Colorado
I've run the Pace 29er carbon for 2 solid seasons in Colorado and love it. I got to honest. I thought this thing was going to break by now. I weigh 2 bills plus I ride with 10 pounds of gear at least on long days and ride the most tech terrain I can find, not to mention the crashes I've had. It is tight spacing for the rotor bolts on Hope brakes and the lawyer tabs are a little much sometimes. Easy stuff to overlook when performance is the important factor here. I have not ridden any other rigid forks so I can only say this one is good. You also can not go wrong with steel.

Zone 3

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
hmmm, sounds like carbon is sorted out with these forks:
about how much forward/backward flex can you get at the axle by rocking the bike hard on a hard floor with the front brakes on?

i use 560gm, titanium, disc specific forks that will flex 50mm/2" back and forth

thrashed and raced by 3 different strong heavy riders (90-110kg), no failures in 3 years work and no signs of any coming