Quantcast

Carbon Rims

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Sam Hill is going to win at least 6 WCs in the next 3 seasons...

You heard it here first.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
they seem hella strong...mitch ropelato was dirt jumping today at a local jam and trying new tricks and they held perfect even though he was just thrashing them...btw he was on a p1 black/gold custom spatter paint, fox 831, edge laced to i think king, xt cranks, xt brakes. it was 22 pounds!!! so light!!! freakin nice kid too.

Last edited:

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
I don't think you're going to see carbon rims from only Edge, I think all major wheel manufactures are going to get on board with carbon rims, especially in the gravity sector.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
DT came out with that AM carbon wheelset last year.....thought some of their top gravity would have used them for race day. Especially at Canbera.....

Why isn't this thread a sticky yet....:phone:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I don't think you're going to see carbon rims from only Edge, I think all major wheel manufactures are going to get on board with carbon rims, especially in the gravity sector.
Right, nobody suggested it was only Edge... The threads also mentioned DT's carbon offering too but the only companies with the expertise like DT, Edge, Easton, etc are worth considering especially at the cost.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The Easton Haven Carbon wheelset will go for $2300 this summer but they do include a two-year unconditional warranty.
Assuming you are using it according to it's specified use I'd imagine. That said, I agree, carbon rims ARE the future.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Assuming you are using it according to it's specified use I'd imagine. That said, I agree, carbon rims ARE the future.
Its unconditional...

bikeradar said:
In total, Easton says the Haven Carbon rim is 100g lighter than the alloy version while also lending a more comfortable ride plus bomber durability. In fact, Easton is so confident of the latter that once they become available this summer, every Haven Carbon wheelset will come with a two-year unconditional insurance policy that covers everything imaginable from cased jumps, gnarly yard sale crashes and even absent-minded 'raccidents' so buyers can focus on the wheels' performance instead of worrying about damaging a pair of US$2,300 carbon mountain bike wheels.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Interesting though I'm a fan I don;t think for us ham and egg DHers it will become main stream for WC racers and heavy pocketed pros here and around the globe then maybe!

For Dh currently Edge look on paper they be be the only ones strong enough for DH limited runs be cool to see how Peaty and Minaar go on em this year on the wicked courses for 10.

DT
Fulcrum
Easton
Sun Ringle
Edge as mentioned

Are some that have XC Am rims available and def more will come at a significant price!

As much as I'd love some for the trail bike, I don;t think I'd be risking em for DH not for sometime not that I would pay that money anyways, but will enjoy watching the pros see how they hold up, for my money they have the potential to provide more performance than carbon frames for all bike disciplines!

The Weight saved at the wheels is worth twice that in the frame, same for stiffness.:thumb: