Quantcast

Carbon seatpost?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Looking for suggestions for a carbon seatpost. Doesn't have to be super high end, but looking for something fairly durable and dependable. Suggestions?

Edit: Has anyone used Titec's Pluto XC carbon seat post?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I just started using an FSA Carbon seatpost. It seems pretty durable but I did have to tighten the clamp to my seat on my 2nd ride. Not sure if it came loose or if I just didn't tighten it enough to begin with.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, the Thompson Masterpiece is lighter than most carbon posts and much less likely to shatter and stick carbon splinters up your butt.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i ride the FSA k force seatpost on my xc bike. had it for about a year now on it and it is showing no signs of giving up. i ride fairly aggressively (fr back ground) and its on a hardtail. also i weight in at about 260 lbs w/o gear. i love the post i really helps take out alot of small bumps on the trail.

if the person that you are looking for it fairly light i would look into the rebadge nashbar one. i have seen quite a few come through the shop and everyone say how much they like it.

elmar

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
i ride syntace carbon,not superlight but lasts

wcs alloy worked,too.
i testing : smica ,light and cheap

i already destroyed
titanium campa -chorus-bend
selcof : one with broken tube ,one with broken screws
i have 78 kilo

elmar

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Ran a Bontrager XXX Lite seat post on my road bike and my XC bike for two seasons. I still have the post on my road bike, but I switched to a Thompson on my XC bike.

The clamp on that post is amazing and the whole thing is pretty dang light.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
hardtail or full suspension? I have a super nice MOOTS Ti post on my ht and wouldnt trade it for the world.
i dont have a carbon post on my fs but i do have a carbon post on my cx bike which i take it on trails often. it's an easton cd 70. it's held up well so far.
i used to be a big TItec whore till they stopped producing TI parts. They should change thier name to CARBtec. I think what their doing now is false advertising and should be punished.

SUPASTAR2

Chimp
Sep 29, 2007
NYC
Ran a Bontrager XXX Lite seat post on my road bike and my XC bike for two seasons. I still have the post on my road bike, but I switched to a Thompson on my XC bike.

The clamp on that post is amazing and the whole thing is pretty dang light.
My friend got 1 of these,runs kinda pricey though.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Carbon post for a mountain bike is about weight so Easton EC90. If it's for the improved ride characteristics, go ti and pick up a Moots or Eriksen.

Thomson (Elite & Masterpiece) posts for me all the way on the mountain.