Quantcast

Care to Share Your Car?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I like the concept, but insurance and wear/tear would be my biggest concerns. If someone has no risk in treatment, why would they treat that car well?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Agree great idea if you could work out the problems with insurance. Wear and tear can I guess is a question about renting to people you trust to minimize the risk. With the cost of rentals and the lack of supply in NYC I could make some good money renting out our car.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There was a dude in Medford who offered his Ducati 1198s for $75 a day or $150 for a 3 day weekend. I was going to do it, but felt bad because I know what I would do to that bike over 3 days.

The phrase "ride it like you stole it" comes to mind.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's one of those things that can make sense if you have a payment and are using it to offset the payment. Preferably though, would you not want to do it with a PIF car? I could see it being beneficial in a PIF car too. If you have a spare car and can get good turnover, why not?

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Hey great! Anyone want to take out my garage kept 1994 mint condition Chevrolet Corvette that has sat for the last three years undriven with only 23K miles and WRECK IT! There's not a stone chip on it, but if you drive REALLY close behind dump trucks and tractor trailers you can mess it up for me for only $25/hr! What a deal! :rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like the concept, but only when it's other peoples' (Zipcar, namely) liability on hook.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hey great! Anyone want to take out my garage kept 1994 mint condition Chevrolet Corvette that has sat for the last three years undriven with only 23K miles and WRECK IT! There's not a stone chip on it, but if you drive REALLY close behind dump trucks and tractor trailers you can mess it up for me for only $25/hr! What a deal! :rolleyes:
Nobody wants to drive that piece of crap. Keep it in the garage where it belongs.;)