Quantcast

CAREFUL: Tickets in Upper Peru!

Dominator13

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
7 tickets were doled out on the upper shuttling quadrant of Peru yesterday. Ranger dude waited at the bottom of their 1st run and gave out 7 citations. Maybe more were given out!? Nothing in the lower portion just above! :think:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
You want to know why? Because 3 different people needed to be helped out on Saturday. People who were riding WAY over their heads.

One of those people our group came upon, and he trusted someone when they said, "Oh, it's just a roll over." Well, it's more like "Oh, it's just a 3 foot drop." He went over his bars and knocked himself out. Luckily we had someone in our crew who's a paramedic, and he made sure the guy was okay.

The other two guys had to be airlifted out as I'm told.

You should have seen the parking lot on Saturday. It was a zoo.

Stupid people riding WAY beyond their skill level get places like this officially shut down.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Actually I head they were ticketing (and targeting) shuttlers because they keep using private access roads. Local residents have been complaining.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
I hope the chainsaw that could be heard in the "buckets" area was for trail work and not trail destruction.

If for trail work pretty damn brave to be up there w/ a saw on the weekend when everyone and their brother is shuttling, props if you didn't get busted. Next please clear the area on the other side of the road.:D I don't mind the PO, but the trees blow the flow.

Anyone hit buckets on Sunday? Did the trees on the trail get removed, or did rangers drop more on the trail? The no bike sign at the top is somewhat new.

Buckets is sick, hope it doesn't go bye bye.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I hope the chainsaw that could be heard in the "buckets" area was for trail work and not trail destruction.

If for trail work pretty damn brave to be up there w/ a saw on the weekend when everyone and their brother is shuttling, props if you didn't get busted. Next please clear the area on the other side of the road.:D I don't mind the PO, but the trees blow the flow.

Anyone hit buckets on Sunday? Did the trees on the trail get removed, or did rangers drop more on the trail? The no bike sign at the top is somewhat new.

Buckets is sick, hope it doesn't go bye bye.
the no bike sign comes and goes. All was good as of Saturday evening just before dark...

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Peru?

Is this a new trail spot? I used to live up there... down in SoCal now.

Luc, you mind shooting me a PM? It isn't like I'm going to be riding there every weekend now. ;)