Quantcast

Carolina Reaper

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So my sis gave me a box of Carolina Reapers (11pcs) the other day as a present cause she knows I love my food really spicy.
But as much as I love spicy I dont want to kill myself.

Does anyone know of any recipes or anything to use these babies?
Are they even usable at all for food/hotsauce or are they just waaaay too hot?
She probably thinks this was the perfect gift for me and I think thats super sweet of her so id like to actually use them if possible...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So my sis gave me a box of Carolina Reapers (11pcs) the other day as a present cause she knows I love my food really spicy.
But as much as I love spicy I dont want to kill myself.

Does anyone know of any recipes or anything to use these babies?
Are they even usable at all for food/hotsauce or are they just waaaay too hot?
She probably thinks this was the perfect gift for me and I think thats super sweet of her so id like to actually use them if possible...
knew someone who grew them.....will not fuck with....ever.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
They really aren't that nasty if you cook with them. Small amounts and long cook times are your friend. The longer they cook the less hot they will be, Like in a stew or chili just don't use too much at any one time and finely dice them wearing gloves and eye protection. I have used the scorpion chili in that way. it is at 2,009,231 scu the reaper is at 2,200,000scu

http://www.firehousechilli.com/firehousechilliweb1_003.htm

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jelly, mmm. There is a shop in town that makes it. I made some bacon hab jelly this year that was damn good.

I bought 4 jars of the reaper jelly on clearance because they changed the label.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My wife loves to make hot sauces w/ some seriously violent peppers. We have found cooking the peppers down in a chef's bowl on the grill to make a 'mash' is a really good way to keep from killing your family and cook the peppers down. Might want to go that route if you are making hot sauce w/ these guys...Add in some carrots, mustard, vinegar, garlic, etc and you have a nice starting point. good luck!

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I need to see if i can find the video of me eating one whole. The burning only lasts maybe 30 minutes or so.... its the cramps from the capsaicin that fuck you hard. Sugar helps with that and drinking something that lines your intestines from the capsaicin so it wont stick to your stomach lining also helps. I didn't learn my lesson of the ghost pepper.