Quantcast

Carolinas Dec 20 or 21st

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
So what is the dilio? It stopped raining here in Charlotte last night, but was still considerably wet this AM. It is sunny now, but I dont know how much drying out is going to happen.

Wilsons?
Bent Creek (Greenslick)?

Whats the status ?

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Right now we're waiting to here back from Kenan. He said it didnt look to bad up in Asheville. If its wet up there we'll be hitting a loop at Wilsons. I'll get back to ya as soon as we know.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I just talked to kenan. He said they didnt get any precipitation up there at all yesterday. He's still gonna go check out the trail conditions later on and get back to me. So for now we're planning on greenslick. If it changes I'll let ya know.

We'll probably meet around 9 am.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I get the hand thingies, but why would we need a hard boiled egg cooker:confused: for the car??? That is what it is isnt?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Saturday, 9 or 10 whatever is better for everyone else. You gonna go then? What about Demo, Bo, Mo, Lorna??(im sorry if thats not her name thats what Jeff thought it was), and Moffatt? Any of you guys look at this??? But yeah Rob Saturday. We are bringing one other guy from Charlotte.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Ohhhhhhh k, now that I look closer I see those aint eggs. Do golfers really need to warm their golfballs??? Maybe they hit differently when they are cold? But where are they golfing that it is that cold?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Saturday, 9 or 10 whatever is better for everyone else. You gonna go then? What about Demo, Bo, Mo, Lorna??(im sorry if thats not her name thats what Jeff thought it was), and Moffatt? Any of you guys look at this??? But yeah Rob Saturday. We are bringing one other guy from Charlotte.
Demo my go sking. He doesn't know yet. If you guys are going to Greenslick then I think I can get away to meet you guys up there. Call me later tonight. I will know then if Demo is going or not.

Oct 9, 2006
we will ride this weekend...but I dunno if we will do greenslick...found a new trail that is way better(absolutely no climbing)....will call ya on my way outta town tonight...going snowboarding tonight.

moffatt

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I'll ride whatever. I would like to ride something new. And we have never hit Greenslick. So we are waiting to hear from Kenan to see if it is dry up around Greenslick. Rob I'll call ya when we hear from Kenan.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Ok, we're hitting greenslick tomorrow. We're meeting kenan at a gas station called the hot spot off of exit 33 of I 26 @ 9:30 am(we're coming east and he said to turn left off the ramp and you'll see the gas station on the left).

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I'll ride whatever. I would like to ride something new. And we have never hit Greenslick. So we are waiting to hear from Kenan to see if it is dry up around Greenslick. Rob I'll call ya when we hear from Kenan.
It should be great with todays weather. That trail drys fast. I will come up there if you guys go to Greenslick. I really don't need to drive more than 1 hour from the house at this time.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
we will ride this weekend...but I dunno if we will do greenslick...found a new trail that is way better(absolutely no climbing)....will call ya on my way outta town tonight...going snowboarding tonight.

moffatt
care to clue me in? The stuff Jeremy and them have hit at Wilson's sounds fun, but with little kids I try to stay local in the winter and Wilson's is over an hour for me. If it's close, I might can get loose.
:shocked:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
care to clue me in? The stuff Jeremy and them have hit at Wilson's sounds fun, but with little kids I try to stay local in the winter and Wilson's is over an hour for me. If it's close, I might can get loose.
:shocked:
Just meet us at the Hot Spot at 9:30 right up from Fazts Bike shop. I called Jeremy and he is in too.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Sounds like we's gonna have a good ride. Havent seen ya in a while Cecil, I think we road with Jeremy a couple weeks back up at Wilsons????, maybe. See you boys there in the mornin.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Man...I'm out all day testing trails for you guys and I miss this killer conversation? I rode Lower Sidehill for the first time today and it rocked then went into the lower section with that log ride which was a hoot. That would be a great shuttle...almost like the Headley of Bent Creek.

Anyway, see you guys at 9:30...we should have a nice crew tomorrow!

Jun 11, 2004
Don't you people have anything better to do than yap on the internet all day?

See you peeps in the morning.............

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Man...I'm out all day testing trails for you guys and I miss this killer conversation? I rode Lower Sidehill for the first time today and it rocked then went into the lower section with that log ride which was a hoot. That would be a great shuttle...almost like the Headley of Bent Creek.

Anyway, see you guys at 9:30...we should have a nice crew tomorrow!
wow...you must be starved for vertical if you think lower sidehill would be a fun shuttle...:disgust1:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Sorry I missed this ride. Work had just beat me down. Damn the man.

Anything good looking for Sunday?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Was a good ride. It was nice to hit trails that we hadnt hit before. Greenslick was a blast, definatley the flowiest trail I've hit in NC. And Badcreek?, I think that was the name of that one, kicked ass as well. And Rob, what happend? Usually when work is that ****ty, best thing to do is go ride?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Glad I got to come up and play today guys. I am sure by next weekend I will be thinking of other things than cycling. I will have to say that shuttle run was fun and better than most up in that area. It’s been a long time since I went down that trail. It does have great potential........

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
here ya go guys...

everyone at the top after a long push

The next 3 shots are a sequence of demo dave:

cecil with the whip

got a few others but those were the cream of the crop. wish i had pics of the new trail but i was too busy getting flats to take any:rolleyes: too bad rob had to work...twas a good day.