Quantcast

Carpooling: RPM ranch build/ride session this weekend

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Hi all,

I'd like to head down to Nathrop this weekend to help Darner out at the ranch. If anyone is headed that direction, and has room for another shovel, bike, and person - I'd really like to carpool.

Please let me know! (pm, or email bturman@mines.edu)

Thanks,

- Brandon Turman

Build/Ride Session February 25-26

Head down to Chalk Creek on the 25th and 26th of February, we are going to have a build ride session. Come early on Saturday and be prepared to dig and ride, then ride and dig! Camping will be allowed up near the mountain cross tracks, but be prepared for anything Mother Nature might throw at you. Super cheap lodging will be available at the Hot Springs Resort for those not prepared to camp.
For further information:

(719) 221-1251
rpmyeti2@yahoo.com

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I'm interested, but need to check with wife. I don't mind helping out, but I'm not a 4-cross racer. I just love being around bikes.

Is it rideable at all this time of year?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Folks, just wanted to let ya'll know that I am at Darner's right now, and the weather is KILLER... mid-50's and not a cloud in the sky. Darner and I lugged a bunch of stuff up to the tracks this morning, and fired off a couple laps on the "old" track just for fun. Score so far is me=1, Darner=1 so we'll see how that turns out when we get the gate going!

There's lots of work to be done on the new slalom track we're building, and lots of riding to be done as well. The 2 mtn cross tracks are definitely ridable, and all the XC trails in the area are in great shape.

Get down here!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Weather was excellent yesterday, mid-50s all day and not a cloud out there! We had 20 riders come out and help us dig, and believe me we got PLENTY of riding in! The new slalom course is shaping up really nicely and we only have a few features left to finish up and then it will be all about buffing and putting the final touches on everything. We have a NEW starting platform underway which will feature full wooden roll-ins, and we'll hopefully finish that up today! If you ain't here, you're missing out!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ascentrek said:
Is it rideable at all this time of year?
The Chalk Creek loops are totally ridable right now... I went on an XC ride on Friday, and then repeated on my moto yesterday. The trails are in great shape!