Quantcast

Carrabasset, ME?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
From what I've heard about them, I'm interested. I'd love to check them out but haven't got the time to get there yet. I'll hit you up offline, it's VERY tentative, but maybe the week of labor day? Brenda and I have the week off and haven't got plans yet, but other things may get in the way.

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
There was a fellow at NEMBAfest pimping the Carrabasset trails. I looked at the maps and am not convinced that they're worth a five hour drive to get there.

Anyone have opinions?
Necro Bump

They are fun trails to ride. They do a great job of linking the Maine Huts and Trails Huts together with some single track. You can put together some good sized loops if you like. They are all machine built with a lot of really nice rock work. Being machine built is good if you like faster flowier trails. There is no rake and ride littered with roots and rocks like the majority of the state. Very Kingdom-esque style of building.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
More necro bumpage...

Love this place. Nice remote feel, nobody on trails, no large groups, easy bondocking at the outdoor center... Fun trails, nice views. Basically what KT use to be before it turned into a zoo...