Quantcast

cars suck

bmorekirby

Chimp
Jul 25, 2004
well i was just driving along, and thinking about how much cars suck. i mean constant maintenance, such as oil changes, brakes, replace this, fix that kind of stuff. then you have traffic, car accidents, road rage, soccer moms in giant suv cutting you off, scared old people stopping on entrance ramps, stupid kids with their japanese hot rods running rampant, people speeding up when you try to switch lanes, parking lots, damn i hate driving. i would scrap my car, if i lived closer to my job, and just ride to work.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
i hate cars, and would love to be able to live without one. i know plenty of people do and just ride their bike around everywhere, but i'm just not hardcore enough for that. i guess the convinience of a car outweighs its annoyances for the vast majority of us though.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Sh!t I love my car. Especially on the way up to big bear I can get my whole truck sideways in the turns. It takes a beating but keeps on ticking...Toyotas for life.

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
From my personail point of view as a non-driver, i's love to own a truck or small SUV and be able to drive where i want to as it is now i gotta plan my trip out as to how i'm gonna ride there, what routes are bike friends and which arent and total ride time so i'll be able to ride there and recover enough to do what i want to do and still be able to ride home.

But yes being a cyclist has its advantages, and i would no way want to give them up at all.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
i live in the suburbs of chicago where you need a car, but if youre downtown theyre totally useless, because if you want to go somewhere 10 blocks away you could ride there get your crap and ride home in the time it would take to get 5 blocks in the car

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Only topped by ripping up the roads at Snowshoe in the fog at 1 a.m. in a roo', or better yet, a top heavy range rover. :thumb:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I feel like a moron every time I drive my car somewhere to ride my bike, Anyone know where I can get a BMX or MTB which transforms into a road bike at the push of a button? Now I know what to do with my Mech. Eng. degree. Thanks guys, you're so inspirational. You give my life direction, meaning, and little nuggets of joy. MMmmmnuggets.