Quantcast

Carter's DHR

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
Dont know what he is riding this season but he rode rebadged turners last season right?
The thing confusing me is he is on the older style frame (The same as my '02) when they were selling the 03 ones.
Why is this? Does he just like the geometry better or what?

Also he runs a Romic on his, as do many other riders on this type of frame. Does anyone know what size they put on there? According to the Avalanche site if I was to get a shock off them I would get an 8.5" i2i with a 2.5" stroke, but romic dont make a shock in these sizes.

Can anyone deconfuse me?

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
Oh right. Cool, but he was riding the old style last year wasn't he?

Also coming from the uk I aint heard much about Push.
Are they similar to the revalve serivce thingy that Mojo offer in the uk

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Originally posted by Pow pow
Oh right. Cool, but he was riding the old style last year wasn't he?

Also coming from the uk I aint heard much about Push.
Are they similar to the revalve serivce thingy that Mojo offer in the uk
sounds like Mojo may be similar, but I'm not familiar with their services so I couldn't say for sure - but I can tell you I'm riding two Push-ed Fox shocks (both RC's - one on my RFX, the other on my XCE) - and what Darren Murphy is doing at Push is amazing! by far the best shocks I've had on my bikes! big improvements in both climbing and descending....I can't recommend Push enough! (and no, I'm not getting anything for "Pushing" them - just stoked with the performance)

I am your Pusher

here's where to go for more info...

http://www.pushindustries.com/

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
Had a little read, it sounds a bit like Mojo.
But what do most people go for the platform damping or the RC race system service?

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Had a little read, it sounds a bit like Mojo.
But what do most people go for the platform damping or the RC race system service?
I've done the RC race system on both - it's hard for me to tell how much of the improvements are what Darren DOES to the shock and how much is because what he does is custom for my weight and riding style...whatever it is - it works!

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
Yeh. I have heard people say that about Mojo too. And they offer differend services too. They can fit propedal to older shocks and will also di a race revalve for you. I am considering this for my RC but I can also get Romics for a good price.
It would probably cost me less to sell the fox and get a new romic than to get it properly serviced by mojo, but there wouldn't be much in it.

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Yeh. I have heard people say that about Mojo too. And they offer differend services too. They can fit propedal to older shocks and will also di a race revalve for you. I am considering this for my RC but I can also get Romics for a good price.
It would probably cost me less to sell the fox and get a new romic than to get it properly serviced by mojo, but there wouldn't be much in it.
I had Romic shocks on both of my bikes before - the Push shocks feel like a solid improvement over the Romics...

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Originally posted by Acadian
This year he will be on the newer Turner DHR and will be using a Push Industries rear unit.

Whoaaa.... What's up with the computer type set up? I've never seen that before.