Quantcast

Carters Lake DH races? +Bike Choice?

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I haven't been checking Ridemonkey that much here lately, but I haven't seen much about the two DH races that are supposed to be going on later this month and the beginning of November. Does anybody know if that has changed? The RideSofa.org site doesn't tell you much.

On that note, I haven't ever been to Carters Lake, and I'm trying to figure out what bike would be best. My options are my full on dh bike, my Chumba Racing F5, or my beefy trail bike, my Chumba XCL, which is a 5.5in bike. What do you guys think would be best out there? I've heard that it is generally tame, but, again I've never been there.

Thanks,
Tryon

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yes, those races are going to happen as of the word last weekend.
I have raced that course on an SX trail with a single crown, and a full on Morewood Izimu, and was surprized that I did not feel the DH bike slowed me down. There is enough on the course to balance things out. That said, the wheelbase on my Dh bike is not even 45 inches, so I am sure that helps.:D

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll probably just bring both bikes and see how I feel. I'm excited about those races.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
there is pedal sections.. a 5.5 should be fine, i hear alot of people saying it is a 6" trail,but i ride my 8" just cuz im old and slow anyway. i will be there racing and handing out flyer,s for the trials training center dh race 2 weeks after carters.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I had to log into the site but found it. It won't let you "lurk" their forum so you have to have a username.

http://www.ridesofa.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=0&func=view&id=10918&catid=7#10918
Carters DH is ON! 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Karma: 7
Sorry for slow notification on the races but with the changing of the club putting it on there were some kinks to work out.
www.ellijaymountainbike.org

Carters Lake Down Hill Races are ON!
Sept. 27th and Nov. 1
Races start at 2M
Registration starts at 9:AM
Come out and see the DH guys rip it up. This is a very spectator friendly type event.
The more you yell and scream the faster they go!
There will also be concessions sold - Hot Dog, Drink & Chips $5.00 (cash only)

Please come to the pre-race work party on Sunday Sept. 13 and bring your shovel, etc.
Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable
Same race announcement is on that link in the middle with work days.:thumb: