Quantcast

Carters Lake has a new trail!

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
National Public Lands day was this weekend. We had a group of volunteers on Saturday and Sunday, SORBA equipment trailer, and SORBA Ditch Witch (a.k.a. Dingo) and the end results were a new DH trail at Carters Lake. This trail is the beginner DH trail with nothing over 12" tall, very wide with plenty of room to ride, and you can easily ride the trail on an XC bike. However, you can also have fun on any bike. Upper section is super fast pump track with rollers, jumps, berms, step down, etc.

A lot more photos here.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
sweet! i really wanted to hit up this series this year but i had to choose more local spots that noah could race on as well....looks like he'll have a course now too :thumb:
are race dates for next season up yet? is it a year round course?

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
The trails are open all year, never closed unless we are doing maintenance. This new trail, anyone can ride. It gets fast toward the end but it's just baby-head rocks and flat.

We have a tentative set of race dates in the works. As soon as they get more concrete in with the entire race schedule of SORBA I will post those on Derailed and here.