Quantcast

Carters Lake Race Information

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Hey Tazmeister- any info on total fees including parking and entry?
I see the Sorba membership is a donation of $30 or more, to certainly a great cause! But, just wondering what the total setback to race will be?

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Day use fee of the park is the same as always. I think it's $4? It is standard for all federal parks.

I am working on the entry fees now, having to wait to see how much my insurance is going to cost us first. Sorba membership is $30 for a single person, luckily most people will have this already and the fact it is tax deductible so save your receipt for your 2008 tax return. Actually your entire entry fee is tax deductible cause we (SoFA) is 501(c)3 status under IMBA/SORBA.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Details for the race this Saturday has been updated with registration fees and schedule:

http://www.derailedonline.com/carters.html

SORBA memberships will not be required this year like they were last year; however, entry fees had to go up this year cause we are paying insurance out of our club funds. You do get a discount on the entry fees if you are a SORBA member.

Proceeds from the race registration go to our club to fund trail construction and future races. We have one final trail to cut this year and funds from these races will help us to buy materials and rent equipment to build the final DH trail, the expert trail.

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
I tried my best to keep the price as low as I could.

We mainly did repairs Saturday during the work party. However, there were some minor changes made to the beginner trail to help improve flow and add some fun.

The race will use both trails for different classes.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i really wanted to make this one but i got stuck with some recertification stuff i have to handle on friday and my daughter's dance recital is saturday. we'll definitely make the october/november races though.

i can't wait to see the pics/times :thumb:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
What's the DL on the camping there? I camped for xc races there +10yrs ago, just can't remeber there being alot of spots?
Who's camping for Friday? - SAT-???????

Gunnar75

Chimp
May 16, 2007
I'll be there for Friday nite, bringing up the shuttle trailer. Usually camp at the end of the road and pack the tents in. See everyone on friday!