Quantcast

~~~ Case of the Mondays GMT ~~~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Second day in a row the normal GMT starters have been slacking...

Morning monkeys! Another Monday morning in the sea of cubicles. At least I'm looking forward to a short week since I took Friday off to go skiing with my dad.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
good morning sunshine.

left my badge at work, so now my life sucks. we just moved into a new building and every single door is locked and coded. i can't get anywhere to do my job. oh well, short day!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Weather is weird out there today. It was 29 and snowing a little this morning and it's supposed to turn to freezing rain and then just rain later toda y:( I just want snow damnit! LUNA Meeting tonight to finalize everything for our big weekend (LUNAFEST -- any locals should totally come because our Silent Auction rocks). Exams start here tomorrow so it should be a fairly quiet week too!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I had an absolutely fantastic weekend, now that we finally got some decent snow coverage (for a couple days). Saturday morning, I went to our local ski hill to make some turns before meeting a group of people to go xc skiing in the afternoon. I took up telemark skiing last spring, and I have these Voile Cable Release Bindings on my resort skis. Well, I never crashed hard enough to have a release event until Saturday, and I expected them to work like alpine bindings, where your boot just pops out of the binding. Um, no. The ENTIRE binding comes off the ski!!! I was like, WTF?? How do I put THIS back together??? :confused: So I’m standing there on the edge of the ski slope, on my cell phone, with my local ski shop, having one of the employees walk me through how to put them back together again. It was quite easy, once he explained to me how to do it. Anyway, then I met up with my friends to go xc skiing, so spent a couple more hours doing that.

Yesterday, I tried out a pair of really fat back country xc skis on my local trail system, and absolutely loved those!! The difference between those and my “touring” xc skis is akin to the difference between a road bike and mtb, and naturally, I prefer the mtb! :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ain't no such thing as a "normal" GMT starter, son.

Happy Monday, kiddos! Spent the weekend at Mount Snow skiing like mad and freezing my cojones off. I knew it'd be a cold winter after losing a bunch of weight, but there were a couple of times that my hands and feet go so cold they hurt. Besides that though, good times. Great conditions and nearly 100% open terrain. I am feeling more awake and non-groggy than expected this morning.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yesterday, I tried out a pair of really fat back country xc skis on my local trail system, and absolutely loved those!! The difference between those and my “touring” xc skis is akin to the difference between a road bike and mtb, and naturally, I prefer the mtb! :thumb:
Earl has been talking about back country skis. He sees himself snowshoeing up the hill and skiing back down and around. I personally know nothing about skiing so he probably isn't going to get a pair for his birthday (coming up soon!!!) but he keeps throwing out ideas so that's okay.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Colonel Anus reporting for duty.

Awesome weekend. Closed on a new house last Thursday, started demo-ing stuff to be remodeled Friday. Rode the new custom singlespeed for the first time Saturday. Party at the new house Saturday night. More demo work yesterday. Lot's got done, plenty more to go.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Earl has been talking about back country skis. He sees himself snowshoeing up the hill and skiing back down and around.
There's no reason for hauling skis up a hill on snowshoes. They make skins and crampons for skis, which will give him just as much grip as snowshoes. And, they are making some really nice AT back country set ups now, so if he's used to skiing alpine style, he can stick with that. Otherwise, he could try telemark skis. Tell him to get in touch with me if he gets really serious about wanting to do stuff like this! I have a ton of information about it!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Skied my little heart out both days. Soooo much powder it is ridiculous if you fall. I started obsessing with how I would fall so I could more easily get up. Tree wells=danger. Keep it coming.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys!

So on Friday, I picked up one of these for the truck:

And for not much more than the cost of the motor, it came conveniently boxed in this:

So I have about 8 months until my suspension for the truck is ready, so I will get to drive this in the mean time. But by next winter, it goes into the shop and the truck gets the engine/trans/brakes/suspension. Porterbuild has only done 4 C4 back halves and only one of those had the C4 front, I'm excited.

If the truck is half this fun to drive, then I will have succeeded with this build.

<edit> I am using the 17" Z06 wheels for the truck, too. :D

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Daycare/School is still out of power, so Lucas came to work with me today. I'm super glad I'm usually the only one in here. Set up a play room in the back (unused) office, and coloring and movies out front with me (quiet area!) and we're good to go! Maybe I don't need to pay for daycare anymore... hmmmm...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
throat was sore when I woke up. Operation "dont get sick" is now in full effect. Been chomping down Ricola's like its my job. Chicken noodle soup for lunch.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
been fighting a low level cold since friday. got a jam session tonight, but have to use the house backline amp, which chomps sack. oh well, it beats blowing into a straw to call for a diaper change from a male nurse.