Quantcast

***Case of the Mondays GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is it Friday yet?

I had me a weekend. I ran a half marathon Saturday that can be best described as "wind torture." :dead: Steady 25 mph winds the entire race. When I had a tailwind, I couldn't even run hard because I was just trying to recover from fighting the headwind. I am not thrilled with my time (1:35:17), but nobody ran fast. I am thrilled with my placement though...12 out of 320 overall.

Took the tri bike out for 40 miles yesterday. An easy ride, and of course the wind was still there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
after a 61 mile road ride and ten mile mt bike ride this weekend I am looking forward to taking it easy on the short bus for a few hours. Not that I am going to skip beating myself silly doing a workout tonight.

Coffee is nice and strong this morning

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
As @jackalope mentioned, he, @roflbox and I finished our new loop none too soon. First turns in the loam FTW. First time for me building a longer section of regular riding trail and it was super fun. Can't wait for this thing to bed it cause it seems like it'll be a great addition to our spot.

Nano roost is still good roost. Screen cap of @jackalope from phone so excuse shit quality.
Ed first turns.jpg

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much to report here, not much at all. Just hanging out and enjoying the quiet time in the office before everyone else arrives and ruins it.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning. Went to the Flogging Molly show on Saturday night. Many brews were drank and fun times were had. Although, my body is reminding me that I'm definitely not in my 20's anymore.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Finished up my new bar on Saturday afternoon. Had to pay my friend who helped me lug in the stone top for it by offering him all the beer he wanted out of my fridge. We broke in the new bar by drinking all of the beer in my fridge. Yesterday I bottled some new home brew and rode on the road for a while. Now to make shit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
j/lou/murph kicked proverbial ass saturday night...watching j play cracks me up....same with lou.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies. Not a bad weekend for me although I did spend Saturday morning thinking it was Sumday. God dirt ride on Saturday, decent ride on Sunday but the wind made me her bitch. May get a spring snow late today, still looks good for riding late week. I plan on gaining my ascent legs ascent legs by the end of the month. I have been hammering the short chops enough to make my lungs burn and raise my heart rate to inadvisable levels. :thumb:

Wednesday I will have 3 pesky basal cell carcinomas removed from my back and also plan on riding immediately afterwards, need to go shopping for extra large bandaids.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My case of the fuckit-itis back fired today. The weather report yesterday said today was supposed to be warm and sunny. It might be warm, but it sure isn't sunny and it sure is raining. Aborted todays trail ride and came to work. Will reserve that "sick" day for an actual sunny day.

Will still go riding tonight. Woot. But debating whether to try out some local trails, they might still be mud pits.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Weekend: de-flooded garage, bled some brakes, played with kids, rode BMX bikes on slabs of concrete with kids in our fair capital. Found older kid in garage playing with bleeder syringes (that I had since rinsed out), possibly putting it to his mouth - rightly so freaked him out and had him fly into house to wash hands and face..."DOT 4 DOT 4! AHHHHHHHH!" I think he will not do that again!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Forgot to say they found a floater in the river yesterday. Not much can be learned from a visual inspection as the body was submerged too long. Will have to identify with dental records, DNA or some other forensic science. Unless... tattoos :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had my buddy fall apart this weekend and his lady move out (thank jeebus). She is nothing but a drain on him and he is so better off without her. It's tough, I get it. He is the one dude with a worse than me track record with the ladies. While he's a stand up dude, he is also a train wreck. I keep telling him he needs to get his sh!t together before worrying about a relationship. Talking to a wall.

Blazer game on Saturday was kinda funny. Maybe half full if that and when they put the last 5 minutes of the Oregon game on the Jumbotron, NOBODY was watching the game. You'd hear the whole place react to the TV while nothing was happening in the game. While it sucked Oregon lost, it was cool to watch the game and see them get as far as they did. UNC is a machine.

$10.50 beers at the game = kill list

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Brewery event was fun yesterday. I got the booster seat for Haley and it was awesome to be able to take Uber. Unfortunately Haley got sick (sleeping kind) while we were there, so that put a buzzkill on the fun. With today being Wifey's first day of "vacation", that works out pretty well.

Lifted this morning and my legs hurt already. Setting up a daily workout with a buddy, so we'll get the trainers setup in his garage tomorrow evening. Just leave the roadies there and ride every other evening, forcing ourselves to ride. He has the Lee Likes Bikes programs, so we'll use that for fitness and my lifting program (which is pretty good for upper body). I get fitness and he gets chasing an idiot down the hill and technical work, so it should be pretty fun either way.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Still sick, albeit feeling a bit better now. Working from bed, not being able to make a business trip tonight. Snow is almost melted but park rangers tyrants closed my trails to bikes for another two weeks. Horses are welcome to trod in the mud as usual, arbitrary rules are arbitrary.

I hope this week is over soon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The dumb is especially high in this case. Here in Ontario if you get caught doing 50km/h over the posted limit, you basically get bent over and get your vehicle impounded and license suspended. And then you get bent over again when your insurance finds out.

https://robichaudlaw.ca/stunt-driving-racing-ontario-lawyer-defence/
Here the tipping point is 100mph (unless school zone or some other protected area). Looking at impound and at least $3k in legal just to get over it. This is why I built my R1 to be 0-99. :rofl:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
EDIT: taking time off of work tomorrow to see SCOTUS Justice Sotamayor speak. Yay free tickets, but not looking forward to time needed to get through security...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What is the speed limit there? Is 150km/h a reason for impounding your car?
On the freeways (where they got caught) it is 100km/h or about 62mph. 150km/h is over 93mph.

Personally, I'm okay with the speed but not where they were caught. This particular freeway is the only one going north out of Toronto and it is never free of traffic. If they had just got off the highway and went speeding down some of the farm roads, which are actually pretty smooth as a lot have been repaved recently, no one would have given a crap or even known.

Go speed here instead of a busy freeway... @jdcamb can attest to the OPPs being sticklers for speeding. :busted:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Young Chinese kids with their parents' potentially ill-gotten money worn around their neck? Or is that only a BC thing as of yet?

I am in my office. Not particularly pleased with the world today, the main reason being that I got pulled from being on academic time all day to working this afternoon. I'm on with two of the slower people and there's no fellow (so effectively a person and a half down) so I'll be busy. I also dropped off the wife's vehicle for an interior detail this morning, assuming I'd be free to ride down there in the afternoon and pick it up, but now I clearly can't do that.

Why was this schedule changed, you ask? One of my fellow attendings, in a big middle finger to the section, has deemed that she has to take two weeks off on FMLA to help care for her son, who newly broke his arm. Did I mention this son is a fully grown adult? This shit is ridiculous.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Why was this schedule changed, you ask? One of my fellow attendings, in a big middle finger to the section, has deemed that she has to take two weeks off on FMLA to help care for her son, who newly broke his arm. Did I mention this son is a fully grown adult? This shit is ridiculous.
thanks obama?