Quantcast

***Case of the Mondays GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

Had my buddy fall apart this weekend and his lady move out (thank jeebus). She is nothing but a drain on him and he is so better off without her. It's tough, I get it. He is the one dude with a worse than me track record with the ladies. While he's a stand up dude, he is also a train wreck. I keep telling him he needs to get his sh!t together before worrying about a relationship. Talking to a wall.
vagina....it's a hell of a drug.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Why was this schedule changed, you ask? One of my fellow attendings, in a big middle finger to the section, has deemed that she has to take two weeks off on FMLA to help care for her son, who newly broke his arm. Did I mention this son is a fully grown adult? This shit is ridiculous.
Somebody's gonna have to wipe his ass. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My shoes are still soggy wet from yesterday's ride. Crocus blooming all over the yard. Still some snow in patches, but receding. Ground's going to be questionable for riding for the next two weeks.
oooooohhhh does that mean Perry Hill will be ready for riding anytime soon (as in after Easter)?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Personally, I'm okay with the speed but not where they were caught. This particular freeway is the only one going north out of Toronto and it is never free of traffic. If they had just got off the highway and went speeding down some of the farm roads, which are actually pretty smooth as a lot have been repaved recently, no one would have given a crap or even known.
I don't think I agree with that either: https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/09/28/3-children-1-man-killed-in-vaughan-crash.html

If they can afford super cars, they can afford Shannonville... and there must be other tracks in the GTA by now?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well my project got shut down last Friday due to infighting between municipality and our client. Lots of defensive emails flying about today... meh.

Fortunately the weather has taken its head out of its ass and the trails are in pretty awesome shape. Got a lift up the shuttle road yesterday and did another couple of laps which amounted to a pretty respectable ride.

Found some guys trying to deal with a broken RD cable. Chucked then my spare and they gave me $10. Now in need to remember to buy another backup...

Rode an "old school" trail I'd hiked on Saturday with my youngest on my back. There are some scary trails out there. Almost talked myself into attempting some foolish moves, but then remembered I needed to show up to work today. Bummer.

Back to work...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow we already have an all cash offer on the apartment. Doing another open house Wednesday to see if we can get some bidding going on the place.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
After 31 years, my lifelong fear of a shrimp sneaking its way into my order of chicken fingers from a Chinese place finally happened. Luckily my spidey senses told me something was off before taking a bite.