Quantcast

>>>> Case of the Mondayz GTM >>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Whole family corona tested this morning. Keeping the youngest home from school. Hopefully we can stay healthy to visit father in law that only has a couple of months left around the holidays.

Took a chance trying to ride some wet roots but not as sore as Saturday so hopefully ride time Wednesday.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
woke up at 0315, 15 minutes before my alarm....at least I get to enjoy my espresso vs slamming it down before I head out at 0400.. getting hammered today. 16 transports on my schedule. At least the rain seems to have stopped

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah had a nightmare last night and came in around 1. Woke up at 5:15am, about an hour before I normally do. Meh.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
En ettendant.
Gonna try the Bluto again on the fat bike, but I tend to want it less as we get a bigger base smoothing things out.
Why not.
Does anyone have an 80mm x 31.8, 5 degree rise stem they want to trade for some gorilla tape?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Think I died last night. Sleepytime Extra + melatonin. Only woke up once to roll over, and then for good a little after 7. Really wanted to ignore the world and go back to sleep, but here we are.

To follow up on last weeks subject, sliding glass doors on the second floor were installed to allow for a hot tub to be moved onto the second floor. :banghead:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work. Weekly meeting later today with the executive team at this building, where I need to tell them enough is enough and that we need terminate ties with one of our contractors. Dude has been impossible to communicate with, has bailed on many occasions and the list goes on. Oh well, not my loss.......

The region I live in is back in lock down, whatever that means. So basically if you're a small business, you have to close, unless you sell food. Big box stores are all still open with no restrictions, other than restricting how many patrons can be in the store at once. Big point of contention here...

I get the capacity lock down stuff and all, but part of it just seems backwards. We're back to waiting in line outside of grocery stores AND there is a line to check out inside of the store. If the point of all this is to distance and disperse crowding, I don't see how this is accomplishing that?

oh well

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Big box stores are all still open with no restrictions, other than restricting how many patrons can be in the store at once. Big point of contention here...
And here. We have numerous restaurants in the area refusing to shut-down indoor dining. One local resident stepped up and paid a restaurant's payroll for waitstaff so that the place wouldn't get in trouble for staying open.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How is the snow cover at monarch?
speaking of... how was skiing?
"Early season conditions exist"

Definitely found some rocks and other debris out in the trees, even with the powder from the latest storm. Exposed places subject to wind were VERY thin. If it was OCT or early NOV I'd say it was looking to be a halfway decent year. Those conditions in mid DEC are worrying, for sure.

Mirkwood has not yet been opened and a fairly large portion of the area remains closed as well.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20201214_063053.jpg

in germany...in the 50's....you could get a coffee maker as a option with your vw evidently....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Might blow off this morning since it might not rain until later, then might stop next Monday, or April. Never know. Not crazy cold yet, mid 40's this week.

Posted a funny pic on Cake's facebook page that some folks took too seriously. I thought it was funny.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got up early for a 6:30 meeting. Had to also get to an appointment at the tyre shop for 7AM to see if the car tire that punctured on Friday could be repaired. The broken chunk of snow chain sticking out the tyre is too close to the side of the tread for them to do a repair...

So ~$560 of new tyres and install required thanks to that chunk of chain.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
car is BACK at the dealer this morning. Loaner is nice

fixed up the roof racks with some fancy dancy glue. worked a charm

Rowing machine is functional and non-stanky. did my first workout yesterday. gonna be sore AF but it's a nice alternative to the spin bike.

don't feel like working today. need to get up my motivation. maybe i'll finish watching HELLRAISER 2 UNDERWORLD BOOGALOO

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LOL 'morning! Got my 7 mile run done early this morning before the sleet started. We may or may not get a couple inches of snow today...the forecasters can't seem to decide if we will or not. They are fairly confident we'll get up to 16" Thursday though.