Quantcast

Casing lippy table tops on my Session.

bumpjump

Chimp
Dec 8, 2012
YAY! ATTENTION! ;)

I had been on that track, but Im defintiely a mental case; When I ordered the Ava cart, Craig insisted that an XFirm was for 275lbs plus, so I heeded his advice. Maybe (!) Im just imbalanced or maybe he;s wrong (Noooo).
You need the X-firm. I enjoy my avy cart, but Craig's recommended spring rates are too low. At a 180lb mid pack pro speed he wanted me on the medium boxxer spring with very heavy damping. There is no amount of damping that will make that spring rate correct, for me. Firm is perfect for me for resort riding and I have an X-firm for certain courses and race run antics. He is very set in his ways...the products are great, just set them up on your own.

Also, to the OP-
we can theorize about your current suspension setup and what you may likely need to adjust, but technique plays an even bigger role in airing jumps, especially lippy ones. The real solution here would be to post a video of you riding said jumps, because collectively there are enough people here that understand movement analysis to see exactly what is going wrong, both in your suspension and technique.

Last edited: