Quantcast

Castle Rock and South Littleton

Jay_Reemin

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
Hey Guys,

Being new to the area I'm trying to familiarize myself with it... Aside from events I property manage homes for investors and I'm curious as to where the good neighborhoods are for outdoor enthusiasts? I know Evergreen, Golden and Boulder would be of the top three, but they are pretty much out of the price range at the moment. The investors I property manage for buy in area's that have some amazing deals, but just aren't really my cup of tea for personal living. I've been exploring Southwest Littleton by Lockheed Martin and there is a great development out there right at the base of the foothills. Just curious if there's any riding to be had out the back door so to speak. I like the south end for some reason, Littleton, parts of Highlands Ranch, and I'm curious about Castle Rock on the westside. Are there any trails that are easily accessed in these area's? Ideally Evergreen or Golden would be my top choices, but considering the prices, I have to look outside of these area's for a 3 bedroom 3 bath 10 year or less old home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
SW Littleton = Roxborough Park / Village = where I live. The best trails on the Front Range are outside your back door - Indian Creek / CO Trail are right up Waterton Canyon. You can put loops together that are 20 miles and up. Water is expensive and taxes aren't the greatest, but my opinion (my non RE savvy opinion that is) is that Roxborough lags behind the rest of Denver in home prices - there are some good deals to be found in the area, considering what you get.

jhhubb

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
the all mighty 303
I'm in southwest Littleton and I can tell you the main reason I moved there. Deer Creek Canyon, which I believe is the best ride on the front range. I can get there in 10 minutes maximum and have all sorts of fun.

Jay_Reemin

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
SW Littleton = Roxborough Park / Village = where I live. The best trails on the Front Range are outside your back door - Indian Creek / CO Trail are right up Waterton Canyon. You can put loops together that are 20 miles and up. Water is expensive and taxes aren't the greatest, but my opinion (my non RE savvy opinion that is) is that Roxborough lags behind the rest of Denver in home prices - there are some good deals to be found in the area, considering what you get.
Yeah that's the area I ran into, seems like a sweet lil spot away from the mahem... The tricky thing with my search is that I'm looking for a house with some equity. I work for investors that are buying lender owned homes with some serious equity in them... If I can find one of these deals in that area I'm all over it. Why are you trying to move out of there?

On another note, where is a good trail to get reconditioned on? I know of Green Mtn.(haven't ridden it yet) and i know of the flat boring trails of cherry creek as I walk my dog there. I was hoping to find something that offers some challenging singletrack but doesn't require a straight up climb for 2 hours.(if there is such a place). I was hoping for something that's fairly rolling terrain but fun enough to go to everyday to get the legs and lungs back on par. Any suggestions?

Jay_Reemin

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
I'm in southwest Littleton and I can tell you the main reason I moved there. Deer Creek Canyon, which I believe is the best ride on the front range. I can get there in 10 minutes maximum and have all sorts of fun.
I'll have to check that place out, thanks for the tip!

If anyone knows of a realtor/broker who wants to find me a deal and make a commission check or 10, send me a pm of their info. I'm looking for a house for myself but I work for some investors that are buying around 2-3 homes a month. The deal's gotta be there though. They aren't as picky as to location for their investments, its about the upfront deal and prime renter location. I on the other hand want to live in the front range like the rest of us 2 wheeled junkies :lighten:

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
An you got a house you can sell him, don't ya? ;)
As a matter of fact, I do - it's even got a bit of equity that I'll be needing when I leave :D

To the OP -good luck with the foreclosure search - I imagine there will be choices o' plenty pretty soon here, the trick will be finding one that doesn't have negative equity.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Didn't have time to read the whole thread, but Ken Caryl would be a great place, especially since they have a whole trail system exclusively for homeowners in the area. Though cost of living there is a bit higher as you might expect, but not too unreasonable.