Quantcast

Castles in the Mud, GFF's "Intelligent Domicile" build thread

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Had to fire the current architect

Started with him at the beginning of May, He stated plans to deliver in 4-6 weeks.

10 weeks go by, and nothing to deliver, called him on his BS, gave him another 2 weeks

4 weeks go by still no progress and zero communication

Terminated and 3 months wasted

Today the new architect got further in the first day than the other guy did in 14 weeks, might be able to make the DEQ deadline after all

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had to fire the current architect

Started with him at the beginning of May, He stated plans to deliver in 4-6 weeks.

10 weeks go by, and nothing to deliver, called him on his BS, gave him another 2 weeks

4 weeks go by still no progress and zero communication

Terminated and 3 months wasted

Today the new architect got further in the first day than the other guy did in 14 weeks, might be able to make the DEQ deadline after all
Did you have anything draft from the first that the second could move forward from?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
DEQ rant,

I have been in the process of getting a septic permit since May, for some reason, they have been giving me the run around, and I wasn't quite sure why,

Ended up hiring a local out to care of the permit process since I have been tied up with the 4 city lots, he gave me a call friday and asked why I had 2 pages of revision on the ePermitting website and why they were asking me for drawings of stuff he had never seen before in 30 years of doing septic work. I told him that has been the tempo since day one dealing with DEQ.

After he called and asked them directly as a contractor, they told him that they were discouraging homeowners from doing their own work by bogging them down with revisions.

He submitted his plans Friday which are no different than mine; I have a permit issued today.

I'm not sure how DEQ is in your area, but they are crooks here. I should have used my contractor's email

Homeowner = 6 months and would be still counting
Contractor = 4 days

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 2.53.56 PM.png

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I had something similar happen with a plan to install septic on a property in California. Tried to renew a timed-out permit to build a previously-approved system and got rejected until I got a local guy involved to push it through - with the same damn plans.

It's sort of an unwritten rule in certain areas that you gotta pay a local contractor if you want an easier permitting process. The fact that they actually admitted it is next level though. Power-tripping corrupt MF'ers.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
County is small enough they should have put it together your not the average "home owner"

Keep buying lots until your the Coos Bay baron and can steer those fools around.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I had something similar happen with a plan to install septic on a property in California. Tried to renew a timed-out permit to build a previously-approved system and got rejected until I got a local guy involved to push it through - with the same damn plans.

It's sort of an unwritten rule in certain areas that you gotta pay a local contractor if you want an easier permitting process. The fact that they actually admitted it is next level though. Power-tripping corrupt MF'ers.
I am going to blow them up via local media once I get the system in, it should be juicy.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

I wouldn't have minded if they had just said that from the start, but to lead me along with convoluted BS for 6 months is just stupid for a public agency that is a tax payer resource. They also never asked if I was a contractor.