Quantcast

Catamount

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Its good for intermediate riders on non-DH race bikes. Like single crown 4 - 6" bikes.

jimbones

Chimp
Oct 19, 2006
Rode Catamount on 9/26/09.

They have bout 10-11 trails. Most are what I would call single black diamond with 2 double blacks. My favorites were broken rake to broken rake to upper cat track to lower cat track. Streamline is very good.

Of Note: There are pedaling section at this mtn. You need to be a good rider not because it is extreme but because you need to anticipate and keep your momentum up, The hardest trail for me was Stinger. The skills park had some grass growth from not enough riders. It needed grooming but was rideable.

All in all it has potential since the mountain is a decent size, but trail inventory and features need to be increased.ALso, trail maintenance is essential as it is for every mountain. I hope they give it a go and develop into a contender because the drive to Catamount is easier than going to NJ (Diablo) for Long Islanders. No GWB= No traffic.
Met the person that runs the mtb operation (James) a real nice guy. Good Luck.

Djmp3

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
Vermont
Catamount is a pretty good place to ride. They do have some trails along with the dirt jumps and MX course. I live about 15 minutes away so its easy and worth it for me to make it out there...
where in new york are you? Depending on where you are it may or may not be worth driving there.

May 15, 2017
Catamount is a pretty good place to ride. They do have some trails along with the dirt jumps and MX course. I live about 15 minutes away so its easy and worth it for me to make it out there...
where in new york are you? Depending on where you are it may or may not be worth driving there.
Do they still have the dirt jumps? In killer need of some local