Quantcast

cateye tripleshot

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
has anyone used or know a friend who has used this lighting system??? my lbs picked a few up at a great price and i am thinking of picking up a set...
any help would be appreciated
cateye tripleshot

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Obviously LED technology is superior to HID's in terms of bulb life , battery longevity and instantaneous full-power when turned on, but they haven't surpassed HID's in terms of sheer lighting power. The triple shot is the best offering so far with three 3W bulbs......but, depending on what kind of night riding you plan on doing and your budget, you may be better served getting a cheaper set of non-HID's. Definately I'm not saying that the Cateye isn't for you, just the beam power might not be what you're looking for a the moment. Check the mtbr.com lighting comparison for better clarification of the different beam properties.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I hear ya.. im looking at the NR rage.. hid/led... thats pretty damn sweet!!! but quite a bit of money
Greyhound said:
Obviously LED technology is superior to HID's in terms of bulb life , battery longevity and instantaneous full-power when turned on, but they haven't surpassed HID's in terms of sheer lighting power. The triple shot is the best offering so far with three 3W bulbs......but, depending on what kind of night riding you plan on doing and your budget, you may be better served getting a cheaper set of non-HID's. Definately I'm not saying that the Cateye isn't for you, just the beam power might not be what you're looking for a the moment. Check the mtbr.com lighting comparison for better clarification of the different beam properties.