Quantcast

Cat's our of the (Sinister) bag...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yep! We know already! :biggrin:

In fact I think there were more "leaks" on this site than practically any other.

Those are going to be sweet!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm looking forward to seeing bullitboyz Simon Bar Sinister in person when he gets it finished up. Hopefully it won't take him too long once he receives the frame.

brant

Chimp
Nov 15, 2001
Nice chainstay bridge work. I spend a lot of time looking at that area, and that's a nice bit of work.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
We gotta get bullitboyz and tozovr to put up some clearer and cleaner photos of these frames up here on Ridemonkey. Those blurry ones don't do the frame justice.

This frame reminds me more of a 29er Ridge than it does a Mustang (Sinister's XC oriented 26" frameset).

PowersUSA

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Mass
What is the intended front derailleur setup? Down tube cable routing and a bottom pull derailleur? Is the hole in the chainstay yoke for a shift housing-stop/cable pass-through?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Looks like there is plenty of big tire clearance too.

One Note - Panaracer Rampages make GREAT front tires, but they aren't so hot for rear tires (too slow rolling). Or maybe it was just me trying to catch the crazy fast guy I was riding with tonight. ;)

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
There's a ton of rear clearance. we also have the option of running the Mustang rear dropouts as well. Obviously, when uyou run SS there's more room (as there's no derailleur clamp taking up space).

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
I'm looking forward to seeing bullitboyz Simon Bar Sinister in person when he gets it finished up. Hopefully it won't take him too long once he receives the frame.
I'm just a poor ol' Redneck Mainer...:busted:

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
oh i dunno... i might just hang it on the wall in my living room for a while:cheers:

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
One for you and one for your Brother?

My birthday is in July - would make a mighty nice present for me. ;)
my brother stole my Kona Unit 2-9... that's enough.

these 2 are for ME! (i have trouble deciding on just one color, so......)

oh and sorry i missed your birthday.:poster_oops: (in advance)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
2 sounds good. One for SS duty and one Geared right!?

I rode my Inbred last night and now I miss those Mary Bars I sold you.

Gotta ditch the flat bars for something different - that I do know.

Oh and I think a 22T cog might make more sense for me so I can make a few more climbs. But then again maybe it was just me trying to keep up with that fast mofo Aeroplane last night at Nassahegon. Maybe his speed just made me feel slow. Then again, maybe not - maybe I'm just slow. :think:

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
2 sounds good. One for SS duty and one Geared right!?

I rode my Inbred last night and now I miss those Mary Bars I sold you.

Gotta ditch the flat bars for something different - that I do know.

Oh and I think a 22T cog might make more sense for me so I can make a few more climbs.
one for dirt jumps and one for DH with a Monster T.:twitch:

try the On*One FLeegle bars..
i really liked them on my Kona....

and i run a 22t for most tight, hilly trails...

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
OK, few things.

1. I need a longer rear derailleur cable/housing
2. I need the correct adapter for my front Hope.
3. The Ringle Abbah is one F-ING loud hub
4. The bars/and or Stem need to change...the thought of flipped Mary's geeks me out so, no. Currently it's running a 5° rise thomson...flipping that or going to 0° may do it.

I've only ridden it a little up and down the street and through the back yard, but I know these things...Frank succeded in making me feel "in," not "on" the bike. The standover is fine as long as I'm wearing shoes LOL...barefoot, my twigs and berries are a little nervous ;) It feels like I'm riding a gunship. The frame weight a tick under 4.5#'s with the dropouts mounted.

I can not wait to get this tractor out on the trail.

Decals should be done Friday.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey RJ - you still alive?

Give us the scoop on front deraileur cable routing, type, chainring clearance and all that other good stuff will ya.

Put down those video games for a while and think Bikes Man! ;)