Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by redneck_biker
how the hell do you do a catwalk.
i can't get up and hold it.
its way to hard.
some help please.
:D
no no no... you don't "do" a catwalk, you do your little dance *on* the catwalk. On the catwalk, yea.

sheesh, young people these days.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Uh...pedal hard with your weight centered over your rear wheel, then pull up on the bars? Thats how I've always done them...

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
what I'm wondering with is this. I have recently bought a BMX, although I'm too afraid to ride it. :D
If you do manuals, you must fall over backwards like 8748948 times. How do you not kill your back and head, well I would have a helmet on, but still? Whats the secret? How and where do you practice? Dirt? Grass?

Knuckle

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by MMike
I have a zeppelin attached to my handlebars.

A dozen weather balloons may work as well.
I went with hydraulics, kinda like those lowrider cars. One flip of a switch and my front end is way up.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
How and where do you practice? Dirt? Grass?
Yes. I can't ride a wheelie for sh*t, but I was practicing last weekend on grass. Landed on my hip a few times, but no worries as I was in grass.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
I can't ride wheelies for ****...but I can bunnyhop my 37lbs Gemini about 18":D

The bridges like they have in BC (I'm assuming thats what you mean by catwalks) just take practice...keep your momentum and don't look down. I just did the biggest one i have ever done on Tuesday...about 12' in the air.

Tom

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
what I'm wondering with is this. I have recently bought a BMX, although I'm too afraid to ride it. :D
If you do manuals, you must fall over backwards like 8748948 times. How do you not kill your back and head, well I would have a helmet on, but still? Whats the secret? How and where do you practice? Dirt? Grass?

Knuckle
If your doing a manual and you start to go over... hit the brakes before its too late. I leaned this the EXTREMELY hard way.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by splat
I hate you !! I now have that stupid song going through my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:devil:

me thinks most of the posters are too young to even know the tune.

"Splat's too sexy for this thread, too sexy for this thread, too sexy by far."

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
damnit damnit damnit, I should have never looked at this thread, The only consolation is that I will start making my co-workers sing it too.